A few improvements to our Sundance 3100es

dkgessler

We bought a 2012 Sundance 3100es last spring. We are enjoying the trailer, but have added a few things for us. I think trailer tires are terrrible. They are China bombs, and will blow apart , and cause major damage to your fifth wheel. Our Department of transportation should be ashamed that they allow such tires on our roads.

(1) I put a new set of LT Michelin Ribs on our fifth wheel, and will always try and put LT's on, instead of ST (trailer tires). Make sure the LT tires have the correct carry capacity, and your wheels do the same.

(2) I put on a new Demco glide ride hitch pin box. It works great, and I am quite happy with that.

(3) I added a shelf under our bath sink, because of the tall wasted space.

(4) We had two cabinet openings in our TV cabinet. One 8 x 22 and the other 6 1/2 x 34. I made door frames, and had smoked glass put in them. Installed the hinges, and door shocks/ stops. They look great, and it enclosed the two openings.

(5) Next to our dinning table on the floor, was a wood raceway, about 5 1/2 - 6" wide x 7'4" long. All it is, is a channel for wiring. I cut the width of that down to 2 1/2 wide. Plenty room for the wiring that is in it, and allows for the dinning room chairs to set closer to the wall.

(6) We had a 2" receiver welded to the frame for a bicycle rack.

(7) When we took delivery of our trailer, it didn't have a TV in the cabinet, or the TV mounting bracket. I question that.
But any way, we bought a new TV, and I mounted it with a solid mount instead a articulating mount.

(8) When installing the TV, I added an electrical outlet in the side of the TV cabinet.

(9) Next to the bed was a step or change in elevation. My wife couldn't hardly walk between the bed and the closet. It was about 3" difference in the middle of the path to walk. I added a spacer to the floor, and carpet making that mismatch level. The bedroom slide, now slides over the top of it.

(10) I changed out the water pump, because the original pump was to noisy.

My next project is to do something with the end the the fender that sticks out past the end of the slide. Its a accident waiting to happen. I have seen other Heartland models, that have done a much better job of mounting the fender skirts. Food for thought.

Dennis

Last edited:

Swanny59

You should post pics of the mods you did. I would like to see the raceway, the cabinet doors and the spacer in the bedroom.