Diesel Service Kudo's

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I was heading south on I55 through MO when I noticed the battery light was on and the info center said battery not charging. I had noticed the last several days the Duramax had been cranking a bit slower, especially when we made short trips which didn't recharge the battery too well. Remember the thread on batteries a month or so ago? I thought it may be my turn soon. ANYWAY I thought it best to get to a service place. I got off the Interstate in Scott City MO. and found ProTech Diesel Repair. Mike, the owner got me in right away. As I went to pull the truck around, it didn't want to move either. Now what? Well the Allison is electronically controlled too so it wasn't getting enough juice. We got it nosed into the shop and Mike had us on our way in a couple hours. A new alternator with the total bill at $263.00. If you're ever in the area and need service, look up Mike at ProTech. 573-339-7223

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
There was a guy in Fairbanks that owned a little Pugeut (sp)...and for three years he never shut it off during the winter. The motor ran 24 hours a day at 35 below.

I returned to Fairbanks a few years ago...and he still had the little car...and he was still running it constantly during the winter.

I wonder if he still thinks it's cheaper to run it rather than add electric heaters to his setup.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
There was a guy in Fairbanks that owned a little Pugeut (sp)...and for three years he never shut it off during the winter. The motor ran 24 hours a day at 35 below.

I returned to Fairbanks a few years ago...and he still had the little car...and he was still running it constantly during the winter.

I wonder if he still thinks it's cheaper to run it rather than add electric heaters to his setup.
Especially at $4.00 plus per gallon:eek:.