Booth or dinette

mjd2k

We are buying a north trail 26lrss. My wife and I disagree over booth or dinette and chairs.

I want the dinette because it is more flexible, can be moved around, has easy access storage in the chairs and table, adds extra seating in front of the couch if we have company. Better for company, playing cards, suppers etc.

My wife wants the booth because of the storage and it converts to a bed. Also, she is more comfortable sitting at the booth than in chairs.

Any thoughts?

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We love the dinette. Our first North Trail had the booth and the storage was nice, but every time someone wanted out, someone needed to slide out to leave them out. Then move, to leave them back in. Our new North Trail has the dinette, and it was one of the first things that we noticed when we walked into the floor plan. It just seems to have more flexible seating for us. You can move the chairs further apart to give more elbow room between. We have already removed 1 chair for a few months(only 3 of us) and put one chair at the front of the table. Worked wonderful. This is our opinion. I'm sure others prefer the booth. If possible, check out one with and one without. Good luck

TeJay

We've had 4 units. We decided on our last one to get the dinette and love it. Of course it's your preference but we found that the booths are not very comfortable. With our new unit we actually only brought 2 of the 4 chairs and we keep 2 folding chairs if we need more seating. Also with the dinette table you can unscrew it from the floor and change it's position as needed. Our slide is rather long and we've even moved the couch and use the room behind as storage. There are only two of us that usually travels and we are staying in this location for 5 weeks. If you only do week-end camping and have more in the family it might make a difference. We do like the ability to change things around some and remove two of the chairs. Actually I don't use the dinette chair so we actually may only carry 1 of the 4 dinette chairs. The folding chairs they have today are very nice and comfortable. JMTCW
TeJay

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I prefer the dinette. There is plenty of other storage available and being able to move chairs around and/or have more belly room is a beautiful thing. The dinette cushions get soft after a while and don't provide much comfort and the seating position can get uncomfortable.
Overnight guests have the option of the floor or an air mattress.:p

TeJay

I just Googled your unit and looked at the floor plan. Our dinette and couch are arranged the same. You will love the flexibility of the dinette.
TeJay

Last edited:

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
Booth, I have been camping for 55 years (since childhood) in rigs with booths, it's just not camping for me if I don't have a booth to sit at and play cards and backgammon.

Last edited:

pegmikef

Dinette. We often travel with other folks and like the flexibility of being able to rearrange the table and chairs for entertaining or just playing dominos or cards. I find the chair storage very useful as one serves as a tackle box, another for electrical tools and parts, a third for basic tools and the last for whatever DW stuffs in it. Unfortunately, our table is not the model with the leaf or storage because that would be even nicer.

priorguy

35+ years of camping, mostly in tent trailers and always had the dinette. Nice feature of my '11 28brs is the breakfast bar beside the dinette. DW really wanted the u-shape dinette but you get more seating and less table. The '13 at the dealer had the u-shape but at $10K more then the '11 it was an easy and in hindsight better choice. When the kids are grown up we'll probably move to a 5er with the dinette. I see a need for more belly room down the road.

GOTTOYS

Dinette for us. Took the booth out of our last trailer, reused the table and put in some nice wooden folding chairs. Much nicer. Booth sat too low and too hard to get in and out of...Don

Wharton

Why don't you get a half and half. I have seen that in trailers. 1 side is a booth and the other side are 2 chairs. Keep you both happy.

porthole

Retired
Go to a RV show and sit in both for at least a 1/2 hour.

We have a booth, in this and the last trailer. The last was a conventional style, straight booth. The Cyclone has the curved style.
The storage in both was great.
The seating for both stinks.
I have used a standalone table in place of our drop in kidney shaped table but there are "disagreements"it's continued use.

They reason we have not taken out the booth is because of it's storage.