Installed Wall Light Switch in Garage of 3950

wiredawgchief

Hi Fellow Cycloners: I used a beige house rocker light switch, low profile beige electric box, beige light switch cover and small beige conduit with self-stick adhesive all from Home Depot. I completed installing the wall light switch in my garage between the refrigerator and the door frame of the interior door from the garage to the living area. This was major work. I needed to run wires from the lights under the loft to the wall, which required removing the floor of the loft. I used power source from the left light that originates in the garage toilet. I used the wire from the left light running to the right light as the light switch battery and return lead. I kept the ground on the left light feeding it and cut the wire crossover wire that fed the ground to the right light. I had to resource another ground for the right light from the switch array on the ceiling of the garage under the loft. I spliced into an existing ground and spliced it to the ground side of the right light. I had to run two wires (red and green) from the right light to the wall to for the power and return. I drilled a hole right at the corner of the doorway. I mounted the wall switch 51" high, all pretty straight forward. I measured the conduit to be about an inch longer so I could feed it into the electric box. I spliced the red wire with the power wire (white/blue on mine) and the return green wire to the white wire on the switch of the light and to the white crossover wire to the left light. On the left light, I spliced the power return to one of the white wires on the light switch. Test operation and put everything back. Was this worth 15 hours of work? You bet! A neat thing about the way I wired these lights is that you can turn them both on from the wall switch or you can turn them both on from the lights themselves. Next job is running wall light switch in the living room from the master panel. My wife never get the right switch when coming in when it's dark. Also gonna install a light over the stove. Keep having fun. I love our Cyclone. Ron

Attachments

• trip 027 (640x478).jpg
    trip 027 (640x478).jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 103
  • trip 028 (640x478).jpg
    trip 028 (640x478).jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 88
  • trip 029 (640x478).jpg
    trip 029 (640x478).jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 84
  • trip 030 (640x478).jpg
    trip 030 (640x478).jpg