Shower Issue's

5catfam

I have two issue's:
1. The water will not drain. It seems that the drain is higher than the rest of the shower floor. I have to use a squeegee to get the las bit of water down drain. I have been very carefull about leveling the rig, it makes no differance.
2. The door assemble leaks around it seams
I have the two piece shower unit not the one piece.

Pulltab

I had to completely reseal my shower. Every seam I sealed whether it was leaking or not. I don't understand the drain not draining though. I think they set the shower on some wood to support the floor, I wonder if it is just to high around the drain. We kind of have that type of problem with our kitchen sink. The drains are setting higher than the sink so it always retains water. Not sure how you could easily get to the shower underneath without removing the shower itself.

jimtoo

Pulltab, If your sink drains are like mine and a lot of the others have been, the washer is installed on top instead of under the sink. Should have a little plumbers putty or sealer under drain in sink and then under the sink the rubber washer with the fibre washer next to the nut.

As far as the shower drain, mine is setting up on boards and foam to support the floor and mine does not drain completely. Almost like the floor is not tapered down to the drain. Like the floor is almost level.

Jim

Pulltab

Jim, I think you are right about the gaskets. Think I will pull them apart and use the putty on the top side and move gasket to bottom. Thanks for the tip.

ChopperBill

Jimtoo is right on the money. I R & R'd my sink drains the correct way and now Renee is a REAL happy camper! Shower drains OK to my knowledge. Guess I really haven't paid that much attention, but I am sure Renee would have mentioned it if it didn't.

DennisZ

I'll third that, I changed mine a few weeks ago, make a big difference. Instead of putty, I used a small bead of silicone sealant, seems to work fine. The whole fix took less than 15 minutes.

Dennis