Quick connector

The spray port in the docking center is equiped with a female quick connector so that I can insert the male part of the coiled hose when cleaning the black tank after flushing. Until last week, I never had a problem connecting the hose to the spray port. Yesterday, when I went to clean the black tank, I was not able to connect the coiled hose to the spray port. Of course, I pulled the band on the female connector to facilitate the insertion but no luck. What am I doing wrong?

jbeletti

A few months back, I sort of grilled the folks at DWI about how hard the spray port quick coupling can be to insert. They told me that over time, the brass oxidizes and that build-up of oxidation is what makes it harder to plug the connector in. Tip 3 on their help page was what they told me to do. I never tried it but it sounds viable.

Personally, I'd still like to try this:
connector.jpg

Then use a brass on/off valve and a coiled hose with a standard male hose connector on it.
fittingsandadapters_1891_1004926

store3-store_1971_65917300

Jim

nhunter

I better give Jim the credit for finding that page in the first place. I just saved it from his link.

jbeletti

nhunter,

You are too kind but no credit to me is due or needed. I'd like to think I'm fairly humble.

But since you we're giving out credits, it was yet another forum member that turned me onto DWI. Not sure who it was but it was like a mini-goldmine find I thought.

Jim