toilet problem

soilmovers

The toilet bowl stopper has flipped around leaving it open. UGH

I removed the toilet side cover but don't know where to begin. A screw driver was used to close the stopper.

Help!!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I wish I could help but I've never had ours apart. My choices would be to either get it back to the dealer ASAP or if you have any instruction books for the toilet, find them and look into a do it yourself job. At the very least, don't turn on any exhaust fans. The odor will get pretty bad.

jpmorgan37

Cindy;
Turn the water off to the toilet at the UDC. The front plastic cover on the toilet is held on by velcro. Just pull it off. Then you will see a large hose clamp holding the top half of the toilet on to the base. If you have the side cover off already, you can see how to disconnect the water inlet line from the ball valve. Then take the top half of the toilet off and you can see how the stopper ball is connected. It sounds like the screw that secures that mechanism has come loose. It's not a hard repair. When you put it back together, make sure the toilet is centered on the large rubber seal. When you open the stopper ball, the seal should appear equal all around the opening.

Good Luck

John

soilmovers

Thanks, John-
I copied your reply and will follow the steps. Thankfully, we have two other rv's on our job site.
I will let you know!
This forum has been a life saver- especially on the weekends!

jpmorgan37 said:
Cindy;
Turn the water off to the toilet at the UDC. The front plastic cover on the toilet is held on by velcro. Just pull it off. Then you will see a large hose clamp holding the top half of the toilet on to the base. If you have the side cover off already, you can see how to disconnect the water inlet line from the ball valve. Then take the top half of the toilet off and you can see how the stopper ball is connected. It sounds like the screw that secures that mechanism has come loose. It's not a hard repair. When you put it back together, make sure the toilet is centered on the large rubber seal. When you open the stopper ball, the seal should appear equal all around the opening.

Good Luck

John

soilmovers

Calling Dometic was the best way to handle this problem. They gave me the name of a local technician- sent him a complete repair kit.
The repairman told me the original gasket was a hard rubber. The new one is a softer rubber.
$80 service call and well worth it.
thanks for the replies. At least I know how it works!
Cindy