Cyclone 3795

TomL

Hello, I just brought this unit home, wow its a dream to pull and my 02 2500 Dodge Ram Cummins TD done a great job! It is a beautiful Unit both inside and out! I will be on the phone Monday though.... :( When the brakes release it sound like a lot of metal clanking around in the drums and the generator is showing 27 fault code.."controller unable to sense output voltage". It did this yesterday at the walk around but the guys said they corrected it. Today it will not stay running..same as yesterday and shows code. Is there a quick fix as manual says contact Onan? I also wonder why the lock ring on the very expensive 50 amp shore cable has been either removed or broken off? Plus being as I am older..lol...I've forgotten what some of the control switches do already :eek: and some are not detailed in the Owners Manual !! All in all I am very impressed with the unit as are those who have seen it, very good craftsmanship and materials used are top notch. TomL

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
I agree on the workmanship. My wife and I looked at a great many fifth wheels before we bought ours, and we are very happy with what we have.
As far as the lock ring goes. Check on the hook-up point on the trailer. My lock ring was missing too, and I found it still on the socket when I went to plug it in. Someone had pulled the plug off without unscrewing it and the ring stayed attached. I took it off the trailer and slipped it back onto the plug and it works fine.

jbeletti

I rarely used my 50 amp cord but the black locking ring on my yellow 30-amp Marinco cord came off right away. I pushed it back onto the plug, over the rubber shoulder. It didn't like to stay on so I left it off. The twist-n-lock feature of the RV receptacle captures and holds the plug really well.

My guess is that the locking ring is more of a moisture seal feature than anything. I think it helps compress that rubber shoulder of the plug against the receptacle.

But you should still have one if you want one! Your dealer should be able to hook you up with it.

Jim