New Gloden Gate Owner

Rick

New Golden Gate Owner

Its been a long two days, but looks like my wife, (Sandi) and I are the proud owners of a 2005 landmark Golden Gate 5er. Has all the options we wanted plus the color scheme,which is the Martha's Vinyard. We had started looking locally in Panama City at Holiday on Wheels. Loved the coach hated the price they were asking. Soooooooo after surfing the web for awhile I found a Golden Gate in Atlanta for about 18,000.00 less. We decided to go look and touch to see if this is a good deal or a come on. We left bright and early yesterday(Fri) and arrived at Camping Time RV about 3:30pm and started looking and negoiating the price. We ended up putting down a refundable deposit took paper work with us with the thought in mind that we would sleep on it. On the way home I said I would like to give the local shop one more chance. We were at the dealers at 9:00am this morning presented paperwork from Atlanta and said beat the deal and we will buy here. We both thought they wouldn't do it but had to try.(we had heard war stories about Holiday being hard to deal with.) They beat the price by an additional 800.00 plus knocked off money on the dealer prep plus their intrest rate was .6 or .7 better. Needless to say we are very excited and ready to go camping.

Last edited:

Cheryl

Congrats. I saw one with the Martha's Vineyard. It is very pretty. I liked that and the Rodeo Drive. Which is what we have. Looks A LOT better in person(very elegant) than on the website or brochure pictures (looks kind of gaudy on the website). What I like best about their color schemes is not a lot of florals. When we went to the RV show in January, almost every unit had floral patterns. I like flowers, but most floral color schemes in RV's are a little too "busy" for my taste.

jbeletti

Rick and Sandi,

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the family!

We look forward to learning from and sharing with you.

Jim

Rick

New Rig

Thanks fellow landmark owners.Looks like we will be taking it out next weekend for a shakedown trip.I do want to give Holiday on Wheels a plug as they have been great during the whole process.Will probably pick up coach Monday or tuesday and go through the walk thru then.I am totally stoked.Sandi on the other hand is a little more apprehensive.I still can't get over the quality and features of this coach.Gotta run but ya'll have a wonderful weekend

New Golden Gate Owner

Hi Fellow Landmark Owners,
We took delivery on our Golden Gate Friday the 8th of July and left on the shakedown cruise on the 10th. We didn't really plan it that way but it happened that way. After 20 days and 4295.2 miles on the road I'm glad to say that we returned home with out any complaints and not a single problem of significance. There were a couple of adjustment things but very minor. We traveled from the Fresno, Calif. area to Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, Dalhart & Cactus Texas, Lubbock & San Antonio then on to El Paso, Las Cruces New Mexico, Juarez, Mexico (left the rig in Las Cruces) then to Tombstone Arizona, Los Angeles and home. It was a good shakedown, and if it hadn't been for the hurricane we would have made it all the way to the gulf, instead we went as far as San Antonio. I'm happy with the Golden Gate and look forward to many more great trips with it. It didn't fail, everywhere I stopped I was approached and am starting to think I might need to get factory certified or something to continue conducting all of the tours, everyone wanted to see it and were interested. Many wrote down the Heartland web site. I even had a Mobile Suites owner come over and ask.
Tons of fun, we love it.
Dave & Flora

jbeletti

Hi Dave and Flora (Dreamcatcher),

Congratulations on your new Heartland Landmark Golden Gate. Wow - that's one heck of a long shake-down. Wish I had more time to travel myself.

Glad to hear you had no serious problems. When you get a chance, consider adding your unit serial number to your profile and maybe even your sig.

Take care and welcome to the forum!

Jim

rickeveritt

I too am looking at buying from the same dealer, would like to learn from you and follow your lead. Would you mind sharing with me a few more details. If so let me know and I will give you my phone number etc....
Rick (too)

Rick said:
Its been a long two days, but looks like my wife, (Sandi) and I are the proud owners of a 2005 landmark Golden Gate 5er. Has all the options we wanted plus the color scheme,which is the Martha's Vinyard. We had started looking locally in Panama City at Holiday on Wheels. Loved the coach hated the price they were asking. Soooooooo after surfing the web for awhile I found a Golden Gate in Atlanta for about 18,000.00 less. We decided to go look and touch to see if this is a good deal or a come on. We left bright and early yesterday(Fri) and arrived at Camping Time RV about 3:30pm and started looking and negoiating the price. We ended up putting down a refundable deposit took paper work with us with the thought in mind that we would sleep on it. On the way home I said I would like to give the local shop one more chance. We were at the dealers at 9:00am this morning presented paperwork from Atlanta and said beat the deal and we will buy here. We both thought they wouldn't do it but had to try.(we had heard war stories about Holiday being hard to deal with.) They beat the price by an additional 800.00 plus knocked off money on the dealer prep plus their intrest rate was .6 or .7 better. Needless to say we are very excited and ready to go camping.

Rick

Rickeveritt

:D Which dealer are you refering to? Holiday on Wheels in Panama City or the one in Ga. How soon were you planning on buying. The reason I ask this is my wife and I are going out of town until the 11th or 12th. We will be leaving tommorow (sun). I would be happy to enlighten you with my wisdom (what little that is).Just remember everything is negotiable even the dealer prep. Biggest thing is going out on the net and finding the best price and trying to get local dealer to beat it. Anyway if I can help I will. Send me a pm with info to contact you and I will give you a call when I get back. Rick & Sandi (TIN CAN TOURISTS)

rickeveritt

I have been talking to Holiday on Wheels in Panama City. My cell phone is 850-326-2484. No hurry, I will be looking and dealing for a couple of months. Thanks
Rick

rvinsider

Just a note from Bill Plemmons RV in Winston-Salem, NC. We would love to welcome all new Heartland owners to the family and to encourage prospective owners to give us a call. We carry the full line-up of Big Horns and Landmarks and will not be beat on price. We are the nations oldest family owned and operated RV dealership and firmly believe that "reputation is everything". Just call 800.732.0507 and ask for Eric

driver311

:) :) If i was looking for a Landmark or a Big Horn i would call RV's for Less and check there prices out before i signed any papers. www.rvsforless.net 865-521-9112 YOU WILL BE HAPPY YOU MADE THAT CALL :) :)

edgar

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
I went to the rvsforless website, but think I got as good, if not a better deal on my unit from General RV in Michigan. They did not list a 3655RD, but I have to believe that the 4-slide unit shown is somewhat comparable. Mine is loaded with options.

Of course, a lot depends upon where the prospective buyer is located, but the service I received so far from General and my sales person (Terry Bader) has been very good. JMHO.

Chuck