Fantastic and regular roof vent covers

Phatkd

Hi all,..I searched a fair amount of threads here, but have some lingering questions. I would like to put roof vent covers on all my motorized ceiling vents including the fantastic fan in the kitchen. The vents in the bathroom and the bedroom only have the cheaper manual crank ones with the black push button.

What have you folks found to be tried and true as far as vent covers for both types of vents? Is there a high quality 1 fits all vent cover available? I read a thread Jim put out in 2011 regarding the fantastic brand of vent covers, but the thread was closed so maybe you will read this Jim and can respond.

Thanks,..Kris

Squatty

The Maxxair vent covers work fine with the manual crank vents. However, I think you need a special vent cover for the Fantastic Vent. I believe they need more clearance. Check w/ an RV supply store like Camping Worls and others to be sure.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
MaxxAir has a couple of models that will fit over the Fantastic Fan. No harder to install than the smaller vent covers. I have one on mine, as well as the two smaller vents. There was some hoopla a while back about restricting air flow or interfering with the movement of the Fantastic Fan cover, but after four summers of use, I haven't seen it.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Do the vent covers extend above the A/C boxes? At 13'3" already, I don't have any inches to give.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The MaxxAir covers don't stand taller than the A/C cover. It would be my guess that the UltraBreeze cover would not, either. Jim B can verify that.