Awning

I would take a look at the awnings on the 4100 instread of two just one long one would work. You wouldnt get soaked when it rains and would have the slide covered since you can't put a topper over the kitchen slide

landshark

They had one awning and went to the two so the covered area is more. It also made the awnings shorter. I can tell you from experience the long tubes ssag and that make wrinkles which cause uneven retraction. Uneven retraction isn't good. LOL
I also see the old style being good since they covered the slide making it cooler in the summers. That is what we thought we were getting but got the new split like yours on our 2013 3800.

danemayer

Hi Landshark,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum. By now you've probably found that there's a lot of useful information here along with a bunch of friendly and helpful people.

Thanks for contributing to the discussion.

oscar

Two smaller awnings are a LOT easier to manage than one large one. That said, we had a nice gust this morning and the arms started folding. Will need to install tie downs.......

shane1234

Why do you think a slide topper cannot be put over a kitchen slide? I have a 2013 cyclone 3110 with two awnings. The kitchen slides between the awnings and I had the dealer put slide toppers over all three of my slides.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

shane1234

See if this works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1364484227.050511.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1364484227.050511.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 126