TV's

danemayer

Hi dillonkiley6221,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of great information here along with a bunch of friendly and helpful people.

I'm not sure what you mean regarding HDMI hook ups on the TVs. Can you clarify?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Our HDMI are located on the back of the tv (toshiba) in the main living area. They are hard to get to because you have to remove the tv from the wall. We replaced the tv in the bedroom which now has 2 HDMI on the side.

Eddhuy

I replaced the mounting bracket for the Toshiba television with one that allows access to the HDMI ports. I use the ports for my blu ray player as well as the HDMI port on my phone.

MCTalley

Referring to the factory entertainment center? I know ours had the Yellow/Red/White RCA connectors running to the TV. But all three TVs in our coach have HDMI connectors on them.

landshark

I dont know why you would put high Def tv's in with no HDMI hook ups

Ok it gets better. They put an HDMI TV and Player but then ran standard 3 RC video for the source. What a waist. The TV has the connection and so does the player so why reduce the video to 480 when it can be 1080?

danemayer

Most of the Surround Sound/DVD players also have HDMI out, and the TVs have HDMI in. Don't know why Heartland isn't using HDMI cables, but you can certainly add one pretty easily. While you're at it, you might want to route audio from the TV to the surround sound system. Here's a guide. It includes cable and device part numbers and links to low cost providers.

I've also attached a diagram of how everything is connected in our Rushmore. I know that not every TV and Surround Sound and Satellite Receiver have all these same connectors, but it'll give you an idea of how you might proceed.

Attachments

• Rushmore Entertainment Center Wiring.pdf
    16.6 KB · Views: 65

Zoomzoommo

The 40" Sansui in my 3110 has an HDMI port on it, 3 of them actually.

Another 3110 owner here.

I cut the ends off of the RCA cables, and then duct taped an HDMI cable, and pulled it thru the chase with some difficulty. I tried using the existing RCA's from the TV's audio out to the Sony DVD/surround audio in, but the sound quality was poor. So now I have an Apple Airport Express plugged into the Sony's audio in, so I can stream music wirelessly via an iPhone, iPad or Macbook. Also have an Apple TV, probably overkill given shared bandwidth in RV parks.

wdk450

Landshark:
I don't know what model Heartland you have. but I would call Heartland and ask to talk to the product manager for that line, and inform him of this deficiency. I wonder if just the cost of an HDMI cable versus an RGB component (or video-audio cable) is keeping this connection from happening on the production line.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Another example of some bean counter at Heartland saving $15. More and more examples of this showing up lately...not good.
To be fair here, there are a few missing bits of information.
We don't even know if the OP owns a Heartland product, we don't know what model year he is referring to, and based on all the replies so far stating that they have HDMI ports, perhaps he is just not seeing the HDMI and are perceived as missing.
Unless the TV is removed, the HDMI ports may not be accessible.
Just a few of my thoughts.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Another example of some bean counter at Heartland saving $15. More and more examples of this showing up lately...not good.
Cycloner3950,

I don't know why Heartland uses AVI cables instead of HDMI when connecting the DVD to the TV, but it's obviously not a bean counter decision to save $15. Both cable types can be purchased for around $3 at retail and are probably even less when buying from wholesalers in large quantities.

rgwilliams69

And regardless of the reasoning/cost behind it I think the factory acknowledging that everyone is pretty much getting used to their 1080i/1080p experience it would be a great idea to at least run the extra HDMI cables at build time versus us having to try and figure out how to do it after the fact. In my Cyclone 4100 I have the same problem with both the living room and garage TV - need the HDMI but no easy way to do it after the fact. The same as with building a house, outlets and multiple cable/HDMI/AV/phone runs all over the place, and then if they aren't used no big deal. But when you need them you need them. The lack of HDMI has so far been the only disappointment with my Cyclone. Almost perfect... :)