Oven burns food

This has happened ever since I bought my unit. The food burns in the middle. Tryed cooking at lower temps and that dosnt help. Can't raise the rack because nothing will fit. It is a Suburban SRNA3/SRSA3 series. Was wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

Garypowell

We stopped using our oven years ago because of this. I mentioned it a month or two ago when I was thinking of removing the oven since we have a convection micro combo unit. Several people responded but I got two really great responses that one person who puts a 18" by 18" piece of floor tile in the very bottom of the unit. The other person uses their pizza stone from pampered chef (again on the very bottom of the inside of the stove) and they both reported getting excellent results from the oven after doing this.

We have not tried this yet nor fully gotten comfortable with the convection oven.

I am still thinking of removing the oven (and cook top) and putting in an induction cook top. We have bought a portable one to try and it works excellently at home but have not tried it yet in the RV yet. We'll have that chance in 1.5 weeks.

danemayer

Hi XrayPipeliner,

I've seen some posts where the food gets overcooked or burned on the bottom. Some people have solved that problem with a ceramic cooking stone or similar object under the cooking pan.

Rrloren

Have you put an oven thermometer in there to see what the temps are? I'd set the oven at around 350 and let it heatup for 15 mins. and see what temp is, adjust accordingly.
The pizza stone suggestions should help as well.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I used to burn the heck out of biscuits I just started watching them closer and flipped them .. but I got a 1/2 time oven and I love it I have not burnt anything since.. Half time is the way to go..

marvmarcy

I put a 12x12 ceramic floor tile in the recessed area of the metal floor just above the burner. It made the oven acceptable. No more burning food. FWIW, I also installed an electronic igniter - no more on your knees to light the oven.

Sandpirate69

Where did u get electric igniter? Wife would like that very much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

jjriker

Someone else has already mentioned this, and it worked for me! :) I put a large pizza stone on the bottom of the oven. I usually put the oven on whatever temperature I need and let it preheat for at least ten minutes. I think the pizza stone helps the heat circulate more evenly. I have used the oven pretty often, and things seem to cook pretty "normally" for me now.

marvmarcy

Where did u get electric igniter? Wife would like that very much.

I bought several different ones at Home Depot in the grill section. I used pieces from several to make it work. I had to bend a long tip so it sparked in the pilot gas jet. Took some trail-and-error, but works reliably now. I also replaced the manual twist piezo igniter on the stove top with an electronic igniter, but I was able to use the existing tip.

Last edited by a moderator:

dbbls59

My wife solved the burning problem by using Air Bake Pans. These are the double bottom pans found in many kitchenware stores.

Last edited:

wrgrs50s

I put a 12x12 ceramic floor tile in the recessed area of the metal floor just above the burner. It made the oven acceptable. No more burning food. FWIW, I also installed an electronic igniter - no more on your knees to light the oven.

I read somewhere on another thread that it may not be safe to use a ceramic tile, due to the chemical in the coating. I purchased an uncoated clay type tile to use in mine, from Home Depot, and have not used it enough to know how well it actually works. I believe that a pizza stone is also a clay type with no coating, but didnt know where to find one. My understanding about using either, is that you have to allow a few additional minutes of time to reach the desired temp setting to preheat the stone/tile.

Manzan

We have used a pizza stone in all three TTs we have owned with great result. Have not tried to make pizza on it as yet.

kowAlski631

We like the baking pans from Pampered Chef. They appear to be made of the same material as pizza stones & bake evenly.