Questions about up-grade to 2014 Landmark Mesa

DWH

DW and I are thinking of making the jump to a newer coach, the 2014 Landmark Mesa to be exact.

We really like the idea of the residential refrigerator. There are several other options we are considering and either have never seen or aren't sure about. I'll list the options with our question about each. Any insight or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

1. Quiet whisper air - Those who have it, Is it much better?

2.Portable 12 volt freeze/cooler -Does it work well and is it worth the money?

3. Correct tract alighnment System (like quiet whisper air a forced option) - What exactly is this?

4.Theater seating - Folks do you like it?

5.Dishwasher - Do a good job and would you get it again?

6.MCD Roller Shades - Do you like them, what are the advantages, and how do they work?

7. 12.25 x3.75 upgraded brakes with E-Z lube Axles - Dealer said that axles also were up graded to 8000lb with this option is this correct? How do these compare to never lube axles?

8. To other Mesa owners - how do you like it and what do I need to know?

As said any and all insights appreciated. Answer as many or as few of these questions as you able and inclined to. Thank you.

DWH
Doug & Sue Hoeffner

Last edited by a moderator:

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I can only answer a couple of the questions:

DW and I are thinking of making the jump to a newer coach, the 2014 Landmark Mesa to be exact.

We really like the idea of the residential refrigerator. There are several other options we are considering and either have never seen or aren't sure about. I'll list the options with our question about each. Any insight or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

1. Quiet whisper air - Those who have it, Is it much better? We do not have this and only have been in one coach that did. I dont know if it is any better but it really didnt seem to be much quieter. With that said, I never though about taking db readings on the whisper quiet.

2.Portable 12 volt freeze/cooler -Does it work well and is it worth the money?

3. Correct tract alighnment System (like quiet whisper air a forced option) - What exactly is this? Correct track is a device installed on the spring hangers. It's purpose is to provide an adjustment to keep the axles lined up. http://www.lci1.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=293%3Cimg%20src= I do not have this system and it was not an option when we bought ours-but it would not have mattered. I am sure it is a worthwhile option if you plan on keeping the stock suspension.
4.Theater seating - Folks do you like it? Not trying to be funny but anything has got to be better than the recliners we have.

6.MCD Roller Shades - Do you like them, what are the advantages, and how do they work?

7. 12.25 x3.75 upgraded brakes with E-Z lube Axles - Dealer said that axles also were up graded to 8000lb with this option is this correct? How do these compare to never lube axles? If you do not plan on upgrading to disc brakes, then by all means get the bigger brakes!!!!!

8. To other Mesa owners - how do you like it and what do I need to know?
We love the floor plan. Here are three likes and dislikes.
1) Very open "suite" feeling in bathroom/bedroom. and yet even if you have guest overnite the bath area can be closed off from either direction for complete privacy.
2) Washer Dryer is over the axles not over the pin.
3) Island kitchen is very open.
DISLIKES
1) If you are a rather tall person the vanity mirror is not designed very well-unless they have changed this.
2) Plenty of pantry storage if you dont mind most of it being in the island barrel ends. We have gotten used to it but would have given up the ;larger ref. for more upright pantry storage.
3) Head (toilet) room is just a little tight if you are tall.

As said any and all insights appreciated. Answer as many or as few of these questions as you able and inclined to. Thank you.

DWH
Doug & Sue Hoeffner

Hope this gives you a little insight into this floor plan. Even with the few dislikes we would buy this floorplan again. It is very open and livable for us.

dalspot

We bought a 12-volt cooler this past season. We like it. We plug it in to the 110 to cool it down before we leave, then switch to 12-volt while traveling. Then plug it back in once we get set up somewhere while the fridge is cooling to a safe temp. Plus we have a backup/overflow fridge.

Karen

danemayer

Don't let DW see this question. She might start looking around to replace me. :)

Seriously, I wasn't aware that there is a factory option for a dishwasher. Someone recently posted about a do-it-yourself install in the cabinet closest to the basement plumbing.