I installed Air Lift air springs

btbaillie

I just installed Air Lift 5000 air springs on my 2008 F250 Super Duty. The part number is 57398. The instructions say the install should take 1-2 hours nut it took me a full 8 hours. I didn't lift the truck or remove the wheels. I ran the back wheels up on ramps and on a creeper, everything was easy to get to.
If anyone intends to do this, I can offer a few tips.

FiremanBill

Nice. I am getting ready to do this myself. What hitch do you have? My biggest problem is finding someone tell me exactly which kit I need to work with my reese under bed rail mounted hitch

SilverRhino

I just installed Air Lift 5000 air springs on my 2008 F250 Super Duty. The part number is 57398. The instructions say the install should take 1-2 hours nut it took me a full 8 hours. I didn't lift the truck or remove the wheels. I ran the back wheels up on ramps and on a creeper, everything was easy to get to.
If anyone intends to do this, I can offer a few tips.

Glad I didn't read this before I did mine :eek: I removed the wheels on my truck, it was time to rotate the tires anyway so it just made things much easier. From the time I rolled the jack under the truck to the time it went back into the garage was just over one hour.........Guess I do get lucky once in awhile!

btbaillie

Bill,
I purchased the Air Lift from Sdtrucksprings.com for $300 and free shipping. There is also a $50 rebate till June.
When I called
Sdtrucksprings.com and gave them all the information, they gave me the part number to order.
I have a Huskey 16K hitch with the rail supports on the outside of the truck frame.
I hope this helps,
Bruce

FiremanBill

Thanks Bruce. I talked to SD once but he gave a couple different part numbers that "might" work. That scared me a little...

scottyb

From the time I rolled the jack under the truck to the time it went back into the garage was just over one hour

Now that's impressive. My equipment manager and I installed Ride Rites on my truck two weeks ago. It took the two of us 2-1/2 hours and we had all his pneumatic tools and his expertise. By myself, probably 6 hours.

SilverRhino

I was very pleasantly surprised about just how fast and easy my install went...........It took me twice as long to replace the rear shocks! Some "funny" worker put the lower bolts in while the truck was being assembled so that you could not get them out with out removing the rear sway bar and brackets. Not sure if I will ever have to replace them, but just in case I put the bolts in the proper way :rolleyes: