Finally pulled the trigger.

Speedygoss

Hello,
After about a year and a half of him hawing around, visiting RV shows and many local dealers. My wife and I finally purchased our first unit. 2013 Heartland Prowler 28P BHS.
We are located in East Mesa AZ. and bought ours from LaMesa RV. Cant wait to pick it up Monday. 3/18/13. Looking forward to reading and learning from all of you on this forum.

Speedy.

Phatkd

Welcome aboard Speedy! There are lots of extremely knowledgeable people that frequent here (Me not being one of them), they will guide you through your questions if the answer isn't found searching the endless amount of info that has been posted here already.

Cheers and enjoy your new rig,...Kris

danemayer

Hi Speedygoss,

Welcome to the Heartland family and to the Owners Forum, and congratulations on your new Prowler. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it.
You'll also find that this forum is full of useful information and you'll get to exchange information with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

When you pick up your new RV, plan on several hours to do a very thorough walk through. Have the dealer explain and demonstrate every system and appliance and answer any questions. You may want to videotape the walk through - many times it's hard later on to remember what was said. Also, if possible, stay at or near the dealer for a day or two. If you find anything that needs adjustment or repair, the dealer should be able to handle it on the spot.

Feel free to ask questions and post about your adventures on the forum. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Speedygoss

Thank you all for the warm welcome!
video taping the walk thru is a great idea. Lucky I live about 10 minutes from the dealer I bought it from. Might as well start with my first question... I am currently looking for a generator. What running wattage is recommended for the 28' prowlers?

Thanks. Speedy.

pegmikef

Hey Speedy, welcome. If the Prowler is like my North Trail (30 amp), I would recommend at least 3 kw (it takes about that to start a 15 kw A/C unit) and you might want a little more power. I personally use two Honda 2000s which gives me the option of only running one unless I am running the A/C. My daughter and her family live in Mesa and I didn't know that there was a Heartland dealer there. I will have to check them out the next time I visit them.

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You will need at least a 3K watt genset. Make sure it has the sinewave option for your electronics.

Speedygoss

Hey Speedy, welcome. If the Prowler is like my North Trail (30 amp), I would recommend at least 3 kw (it takes about that to start a 15 kw A/C unit) and you might want a little more power. I personally use two Honda 2000s which gives me the option of only running one unless I am running the A/C. My daughter and her family live in Mesa and I didn't know that there was a Heartland dealer there. I will have to check them out the next I visit them.

Pegmikef,
Yes, it is a pretty large dealership. It's called LaMesa and they are located off Mesa Dr. Just South of US 60. They are a pleasure to deal with. My wife and visited them so much over the last year and a half they knew us by name. Always willing to help and never any pressure.

http://www.lamesarv.com/