Anticipating delivery on FRIDAY!!

We just purchased a 2013 36QBCK. This is our first 5th wheel and are really excited. New hitch to be installed Monday. Taking the day off on Friday and will be anxiously awaiting the arrival of our new Elkridge. Went through the PDI guide. Any other tips or suggestions for delivery?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats on the new ElkRidge! They have really enhanced the look and feel of the ElkRidge over the last 3 years.

For the PDI, I recommend someone video, so you have a reference. Also, make sure you get hands-on lesson on hitching and unhitching.

Try everything yourself, don't take the dealer's word for it! If you can, stay nearby or on their lot to camp in it and make sure everything works as it should.

Be sure to take pics and post back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I would like to add one more thing to be sure to check.
Have your dealer hook up the water and fill the fresh water tank. Check the pump operation and check for leaks.

Peace
Dave

Eddhuy

Today is the big day, congratulations, the fifth wheel is a pleasure to tow and especially to back, it is just pain easy and the trailer was not hard. I know you really want to take it home, but stick to your guns on that PDI. Make them fix it and go over everything.

Thanks for the advice. You've got me concerned about the tanks, water pump and leaks. Is this a common issue with most new campers? My last travel trailer purchase went smooth. No leaks.
Dealer is delivering it this Friday. Anything particular I should pay attention to after it's 400 mi delivery trip?

danemayer

Thanks for the advice. You've got me concerned about the tanks, water pump and leaks. Is this a common issue with most new campers? My last travel trailer purchase went smooth. No leaks.
Dealer is delivering it this Friday. Anything particular I should pay attention to after it's 400 mi delivery trip?
You don't need to be overly concerned. Plumbing issues can be upsetting if they catch you by surprise. Take the surprise element away by checking it at the dealer.