Excessive Voltage to Battery

We have a 09 Razor 3110. Found out yesterday that my battery was dead. Had the parts store check it and they said it had a bad cell. It kinda looked fried to me. Got a new battery in today. After I got it installed, thought about checking the voltage at the battey. 17 volts, think thats why the other battery was killed. My trouble shooting guide for the converter said if the voltage at the battery was more than 14 to replace or repair the convertor. now just where is the convertor? I havn't pulled any wall panels off yet. Going to look behind the circuit panel later.
Oh by the way, I just found this forum today. surfed around awhile and thought we would love it. I am a member of the Duramax Forum also, lots of good info there also. We also do the RV.net thing.
Our intruduction
Wayne and Shirley Hulgan, 05 GMC Duramax, 09 Razor, 01 Harley Ultra (got to have something to haul). We are both retired. Shirley worked for Sara Lee and retired from our local bakery. I did 23 years there before working for my self the last 15 years before we retired. This is our first toy hauler 5er. we moved up from a Work and Play. we have had other 5er's but never a toy hauler. We are planing on going back to Sturgis this year. We do the Panama City Beach Thunder Beach most every year. nice to get a little sand between the toes every now and then.
Hello y'all and thanks for any help.

danemayer

Hi Wayne and Shirley,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. As you've already seen, there's a lot of useful information here. You'll also find a great bunch of friendly and helpful people who love RV'ing.

I'm not familiar with the Razor layout, but generally, the Power Converters are usually behind the basement wall, near the plumbing area. They're typically not very far from the 12V fuse box and the battery, because they connect to both.

You may find this troubleshooting guide useful. While it's not specific to any one trailer, and may not address the exact problem you have, it'll give you background info that will be helpful.

Please let us know what fixes the problem.

Found the Converter, behind basement wall. Had to remove the 115 volt panel to get the thing out. It was pumping out 45 volts, wow no wonder my battery fried. Got a new one on the way and new battery installed. reinstall and close up all the holes they off camping.