PDI on Landmark San Antonio

doxiecouple

Had a very successful PDA with just a few items needing attention. BUT, dealership can not show me the low point drain locations. I found the fresh water tank drain. Any suggestions or comments on where the low point drains may be found on a 2013 Landmark San Antonio? Thanks !

danemayer

Re: San Antonio PDA

The low point drains were eliminated several years ago. The fresh tank is the only drain except that there might also be an overflow drain from the washer, if you ordered one.

doxiecouple

Thanks danemayer. I remain perplexed that Sales Points do not know these things ! I did also find a washer overflow as well. SO far so good with five days in the unit and using all systems. Only headache is the TV's not hooking up with DISH satellite systems from my stationary point which I have used with no problems over the past two years on the prior RV. I am still working on that one !!

doxiecouple

Same subject, different question !! Finally got the satellite system working. Tech from Dish found two cables connected backwards, changed them and now have satellite TV on both interior and the outside entertainment center. QUESTION: It appears that the exterior TV feeds from the salon TV, which is fine. But, I can't find a way to change the channel from outside. Any hints/ideas? I did note an InfaRed component on the DVD/CD entertainment system fixture. Also, will I have the same issue when I connect a TV to the outlet in the basement? I am assuming it feeds from the bedroom? Have not had a chance to check that yet.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Your question has already been answered a week ago.
You will need to have an RF remote. Either one that will be recognized by Dish, or a stand alone conversion. This was also mentioned a week ago.

Peace
Dave

doxiecouple

Thanks Silverado. I will look into thisand see if it is within my capability. Not really a gadget kinda guy here LOL !!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

I don't know Wayne, looks like something an old (not in age of course) ex-boater could do pretty easily. 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

Thanks Silverado. I will look into thisand see if it is within my capability. Not really a gadget kinda guy here LOL !!
It is really pretty easy to install. Just a couple of plugs and a new remote control. It will allow you to place your receiver in a cabinet or other location where and IR remote would not work.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders

Speaking of PDI's on new a San Antonio, does anyone understand the Dometic CCC2 thermostat? On our new 2014 San Antonio, we have the dual air conditioners so 2 CCC2 thermostats. Each has 4 available zones (not sure why) and I've pretty much figured out the "downstairs" thermo, set on zone 1. But no matter what I try on the "upstairs" therm, the a/c unit runs continusously. It does not cycle on and off like I think it should. Any thoughts?

While we are on the subject of not understanding -- the step light is on all the time. I can find no switch to turn it off and on. Is it designed to be on whenever the rig is plugged into shore power?

More questions to follow as we find more. Love this new camper. Just trying to figure out "what we got."

Keith

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

Speaking of PDI's on new a San Antonio, does anyone understand the Dometic CCC2 thermostat? On our new 2014 San Antonio, we have the dual air conditioners so 2 CCC2 thermostats. Each has 4 available zones (not sure why) and I've pretty much figured out the "downstairs" thermo, set on zone 1. But no matter what I try on the "upstairs" therm, the a/c unit runs continusously. It does not cycle on and off like I think it should. Any thoughts?

While we are on the subject of not understanding -- the step light is on all the time. I can find no switch to turn it off and on. Is it designed to be on whenever the rig is plugged into shore power?

More questions to follow as we find more. Love this new camper. Just trying to figure out "what we got."

Keith

Hi Keith - can't help you much. I'm not sure I even understand CCC2 :)rolleyes:). I do believe I've seen that the switch for the step light is now in the remote control.

danemayer

Hi klindgren,

The step light is probably controlled by the remote that came with your unit. If the dealer didn't show it to you, it's probably tucked away in a cabinet somewhere.

On the thermostats, I think they only get wired for zone 1. Either A/C unit will seem to run on HIGH continuously if the thermostat fan setting is on HIGH instead of AUTO. We've recently put together a Heating and Cooling Guide that may help. Here's a link.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Ah, the old remote trick. Yep, that's the ticket. I saw the light button on the remote but thought it dealt with the entry light not the step lite. I am now enlightened. Thanks Gus and Dan. Also Dan thank you for the link to the heating and cooling guide. I'm going to study it thouroughly so maybe I can become half educated. This is the exact kind of help that endears me to Heartland and this Forum.

Thanks again.

Keith