New Big Country 3251 TS On Order

Theresau

Just ordered. We did quite a bit of analysis and just greatly like this floorplan. We like the look of the gold edition. And we greatly like that the island is moveable.

We love our current Big Horn but wanted some upgrades such as a larger shower, larger refrigerator, level ups and dual AC. We ordered other changes as well including 7k axles, high gloss exterior, day/night shades, porcelain sink in lieu of the vessel sink, maximum vinyl, convection oven (really like that the Big Country's have stainless appliances), air bed sofa to name a few. We strongly considered dual pane windows but we're concerned about the extra weight considering we only have a 3/4 ton truck.

I guess the new units also have LED lights in the awning - looking forward to seeing these. Exciting stuff.

Last edited:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Get the dual pane windows - it's worth it. We are at Bristol at the Nascar races (March) and last night the temps were down in the low 20's. We were nice and toasty just running one electric heater and the fireplace.

Speedy

I'd pass on the windows because of cost and weight and I would also pass on the 6 point level system with all the trouble people have with programing and loud popping noises. I was told the dual pane windows cut down on noise but you still hear everything going on out side from the single pane window in the door, from the exhaust vent, and any of the roof vents that are not Fantasic Fans.

Save your money for tire upgrades and an air ride pin box.

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Our 2nd BC is shipping to dealer as we speak, the 3251 was a finalist, DW just liked the 3650 a tad more.....traded out 2011 3250, which we LOVED, just added a few bells & whistles. We have and love the dual pane windows....sound, thermal and no condensation advantage.

FYI, I believe the 2013's have moved away from the air mattress back to a hide-a-bed mattress.....might wanna confirm with Bryan W or Brian C at Heartland.

Congrats on your new BC!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Get the windows and don't worry about the extra couple hundred pounds. Your truck wont notice the difference.
Once you have them you will understand why people get them.
Good choice on the Level Up option. I will never be without it.

Peace
Dave

Theresau

BC is built - we saw it yesterday right after it got off the line.

It looks great - can't wait to get it home.

Happy we didn't get dual pane windows as weight increased over 1,000 #'s over the listed factory dry weight with the other options we added. We did get 7,000 # axles - happy we did so. But we only have a 3/4 ton truck and want to keep weight down considering. Joe's not worried about the truck being able to pull it he just wants to keep wear and tear down. The BC weighed 12,000 as it went out the door - this was without the sofa that had not come in yet. The BH we sold weighed 11,715 at the factory including the sofa.

We pick up the BC from the dealer 5/7. Next we have to have a TrailAir TriGlide installed. Our Bighorn had this - trade had included dealer swapping pin boxes but we sold the BH outright.

I am just very impressed with this new BC. We added the BH features that we knew we would miss. We really like the Versa table better than the small table in the BH and Landmark. And we like the stainless steel appliances.

We went to maxx vinyl - I was a bit concerned because for 2013, carpet was placed in the rear under the sofa and for 2014 it is not - but now that I've seen it it looks great.

They also added wainscotting and a chair rail on the table wall and the rear wall is a nice green color adding a great accent as you walk in.

The LED lights look great - can't wait to see the awning lights on.

The rear windows around the sofa are now even in length - prior the rear window was longer and the side windows were much shorter.

The W/D closet now has one large louvered door rather than two small - this way you can open it fully against the bedroom window and access the other closets as the walkway is not blocked by one of the small doors. I would see this being an advantage if there was a W/D installed and the hamper was in one of the other closet areas.

Great job Brian.

Theresa

vickisav

Congrats !! We pick up ours this Saturday. So excited. This is the first BC for us. Looked at other models/dealers but I loved this floorplan. Hope to have many happy retirement memories with it (:):

Theresau

At the conclusion of our tour I spoke with those that were finishing up some of the 3251 TS units. They greatly stressed that we had to remember to disconnect the island before opening the slides. That it is very easy to forget this. The island is hooked up to the two slides while in transit.

And this issue came to fruition when they began to open ours up to show it to us - forgot to disconnect island first :).

Congrats on your new RV. Please let me know what you think after you pick it up.

Theresa