Need a favor please.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
If anyone is going to Camping World I would appreciate an inquiry. My 2013 Chevy has a backup camera in the tailgate. I would like a louvered gate for my 5er but do they make one to accommodate the BU camera. It is next to the handle.

Ive sent emails to two different manufacturers but no response.

So if you happen to go into CW if you would inquire I would appreciate it

thanks

jbeletti

Rex,

Are you saying you want to retrofit the existing backup camera into a louvered tailgate? Makes sense to not want to give this feature up. Hope someone can ask the shop at a CW for you.

I would also like to suggest that you give Tom Martin at call at Classy Chassis in Valparaiso, IN. They build custom hauler beds and they retrofit the OEM backup cameras into their custom beds regularly. Not in the tailgates but my thought is they may know a bit about how to fasten one to a louvered tailgate.

Jim

truknutt

Committed Member
Husky Liners has a nice aluminum "V" tailgate w/optional camera mount. LINK HERE I don't believe Camping World carries that brand, though.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Thanks guys. I will look into those options. I don't really like them but we don't have a lot of room with the tailgate down on the new TV.