Mattress Replacement Question

JanShaw54

We have a 2013 Heartland Elkridge with the king size bed. The mattress is 70x80, which is an off size. I am looking at replacing the mattress but can't find any options. I would love the sleep # but didn't see our size in Camping World, etc. I found a Calif King that measures 70" wide but length is 86, too long to fit comfortably (I think). Any suggestions for finding a good mattress replacement?
Thanks,
Jan
Ohio

oldmannj

You can also order direct from sleep number's website. They may offer the matress with dimensions you need there. I'm thinking they may have the odd sizes most suppliers might not carry.

brianharrison

We replaced our OEM King RV mattress with a Simmons BeautyRest 72x80 - ordered direct from a Simmons corporate store. They are able to order the special size from the factory. Most reseller stores cannot order special size from the factory.

For our unit the 80" was important and we could make the 72" fit in our space. Ours is a Classic Barcelona model.

Hope this helps.
Brian

Buckeye

Hello Jan, We own a 2013 Elkridge as well with the king size bed. In our last fifth wheel we special ordered a mattress from the Original Mattress Factory here in Columbus,Ohio and were very satisfied with it. They have a factory store on the west side off I-270. So far we are satisfied with the Elkridge mattress but we'll see how it holds up after a few years before we replace it.

sengli

We actually installed a 3" memory foam mattress pad instead of replacing the mattress, and it was fine.

PeternLiane

The 72x80 should work fine. Unless you really need the cal-king. If you do then you would have to put in a longer piece of plywood. You just have to make sure that the extra size is doable in your bedroom. Make sure that you measure with the slides in if yours has tne bedroom slide.

ICamel

One of the absolute best changes to our Elkridge was to replace the original mattress with a memory foam mattress(not a topper). We found Lasting Impressions Foam makes memory foam mattresses in RV sizes. Your 70" x 80" King is listed on their website. It was very easy to install as it comes rolled up and shrink wrapped, so you just have to put it in the bedroom, and cut off the shrink wrap. Voila, it expands to your mattress size. Getting the original mattress out was the hardest part. My back used to hurt after sleeping more than 3 nights in the 5'r, but not any longer! You have a choice of 8", 10", or 12" thickness for under $600 delivered to your home. Ours was delivered in less than 1 week from order.

danemayer

We also went with Lasting Impressions and love it. Got the 12" king. Delivered to Texas in 2 days. After a few months on that mattress, our very expensive coil-on-coil mattress at home felt defective. We just replaced it a few weeks ago with another memory foam mattress from Lasting Impressions.

billm

We replaced the king in our Big Country with the sleep number expanded queen and we love it. It is like 4 inches narrower than the king and it is hardly noticeable.

Leanna66

I bought a regular queen 3" memory foam topper and cut off the extra few inches of foam. Then it fit my short queen fine. The mattress went from feeling like a torture device to feeling like sleeping on a cloud.