Albuquerque KOA

btbaillie

We are planning on staying at the KOA in Albuquerque from April 20 to April 28.

Just wondering if anyone has stayed there and their opinion on the campground, or if there might be a better place to stay.

Thanks,

Bruce

neilandnanci

We stayed at Enchanted Trails in Albuquerque twice last year. Very friendly people and several antique trailers that are fun to walk around and look at.

RoadJunkie

The Albuquerque KOA is "OK". My only concern was that it is located immediately adjacent to I-25 and carries the associated issues. If you're set on staying in town, then the KOA is one your only choices. If you're willing to stay on the West side of Albuquerque then I would suggest you look at American RV. While not in town, American RV is within 10 miles, or so, of all the commercial infrastructure you may require.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We stayed a night in High Desert RV park, near the American. It was a good park, just watch out for yellow poles that jump out and bite your rig. Don't ask me how I know.

I seem to remember High Desert is a little cheaper than the American.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverRhino

We stayed at the Albuquerque North KOA last summer and it was a very nice park, friendly staff and very convenient to the train for going to Sante Fe.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We stayed at Enchanted Trails several years ago and found it to be a nice park with friendly people. On the west side of town close to the Camping World.

plumberdude

We spent a winter in the Bernaillo KOA Park. It was very nice. Small park, the sites on the left side of the park are a little bigger and level. The people were very nice. He was doing some remodeling so it may even have some upgrades.

Plumberdude and DW (not his dishwasher:)

We have stayed at the Bernalillo KOA on two occasions during 2012. We had no issues. First time was in March and we saw a lot of snowbirds making their trek back north. Second time was in June and we overnighted on our move back to TX from four corners area. We stayed in a 36' long 5er with two slides. Plenty of room for TV and guest parking is handy. Sites were level and all had picnic tables, some had a tree. You can get some pretty good pictures on the website. I also agree with Mr. BigJim on looking online for parkreviews. As with all reviews take some of the comments with a grain of salt, but you can generally get a reasonable feel for what others have experienced and how it aligns with your style of camping.

Cable TV works as well as WiFi -- KOAs are also pretty good to leave your info for late checkin with wifi code as well. We have also stayed at the Las Cruces KOA and enjoyed it except for the "brown" out wind storm one day.

Joe

danemayer

We have stayed at the Bernalillo KOA on two occasions during 2012. We had no issues. First time was in March and we saw a lot of snowbirds making their trek back north. Second time was in June and we overnighted on our move back to TX from four corners area. We stayed in a 36' long 5er with two slides. Plenty of room for TV and guest parking is handy. Sites were level and all had picnic tables, some had a tree. You can get some pretty good pictures on the website. I also agree with Mr. BigJim on looking online for parkreviews. As with all reviews take some of the comments with a grain of salt, but you can generally get a reasonable feel for what others have experienced and how it aligns with your style of camping.

Cable TV works as well as WiFi -- KOAs are also pretty good to leave your info for late checkin with wifi code as well. We have also stayed at the Las Cruces KOA and enjoyed it except for the "brown" out wind storm one day.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and thanks for joining in the discussion. Helping each other by sharing what we've learned is one of the things that makes this forum so good.

Btw, with a user name JoeCampnEat, it sounds like you'll fit right in at Heartland rallies. Hope to see you at one.

rjr6150

My vote would be for American RV park. Clean well kept park and the guests are treated to continental breakfast each morning in the main building.

aatauses

If you want to stay North about 5-8 mi, look at Stagecoach in Rio Rancho--great park, very clean, good level sites, friendly people, near Wal-Mart, train station (cheap transportation to Alb and Santa Fe)
Check in your GS travel.
al
currently in Kenai, AK

btbaillie

Thanks all for the information. We will be visiting 2 friends within 5 miles of the KOA and one that is in Placitis, so leaving the campground every day to visit and shop, we wanted to be closer to town. It seems like a long drive from the American RV, especially when friends want to stop by to visit us and see our new rig. I called the KOA and the back-in sites are limited to 32ft, so we are going to pay almost $50 a night for a pull-thru. This will be our first camping trip with our Sundance.