A Happy New Heartland Owner

Hello Everyone,

I have been on here reading for quite some time but this is my first post.

We recently purchased our first RV in late December 2012 (we previously rented or borrowed) and I was compelled to post about a recent interaction with the Heartland Factory.

After spending quite some time looking, my wife and I made our decision to buy a 2013 Heartland Prowler 27P BHS. We were drawn to the Prowler for a lot of reasons but mostly due to it having all of the options we wanted and of course being in the right price range.

We went over the floor plans and really want to get our hands on the 28P BHS, but unfortunately for a few different reasons (both on our part and the dealers) we were not able to get that model.

We are very happy with the unit we have with our only dis-like being the bunks. Our unit has the large bunk on the bottom and the smaller one on the top. This was our biggest reason why we wanted the 28 because it offers the bigger bunks on both the top and the bottom.

Being that we live in Michigan and are unable to use the trailer at this time, I have had a lot of thinking time spent with the new trailer LOL. Being kind of handy, I had thoughts of re-working that top bunk bed to make it larger like the bottom, but was unsure if this could be possible.

Finally, about three weeks ago I contacted Heartland to inquire before making any mods. I was overwhelmingly shocked by the amount of information they were able to provide me and come to find out what I was wanting to do was actually a build option for my model. The Heartland Rep. told me she would get back to me shortly, she spent the next few days talking with engineering and promptly provided me with drawings for building and installing what I wanted to do.

Again I was shocked by the amount of support I received from them and that they sent me actual drawing. I ended up having Heartland build the new mattress support for me and due to shipping cost I decided to pick up my items since it was just a few hour drive. I was greeted and helped by a wonderful group of people at Heartland and was provided everything I needed to complete my project.

I then decided since I was in the area I would stroll over to the actual factory for Prowler. After talking with a few people around the factory I was introduced to the plant manager for Prowler and he happily invited my wife, 5 year old daughter and me to tour the factory. We were well informed and learned a lot about our unit that we did not know on our tour, along with meeting a great workforce of people building the units.

We were extremely pleased with our day spent at Heartland. My Project is now finished and looks great! We are even more excited about our new RV than ever. Needless to say this experience will continue to make me a Heartland customer for years to come! This is just not something you find too often anymore with companies, especially after the purchase. I felt the need to post this so that all will know the kind of company, we own or will be owning products from.

Thanks Heartland. Now... If it will just quit snowing here and warm up a bit. :)

Jason & Amanda
Howell Michigan
2013 Prowler 27P BHS
2008 GMC Sierra Extended Cab

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Hi Jason and Amanda,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum and also to the Heartland family. As you have seen we have a lot of great folks on here with lots of information and all willing to share when needed.

Thanks for the great report about your Prowler and contact with the Heartland factory. I also believe Heartland is the best all around.

Please think of joining us at a rally when you get the snow melted off the unit. :) You will meet and make friends for a lifetime and eat the best food around. In case you have not found it,, this is link to Heartland Owners Club information.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

jbeletti

Great story Jason - thank you for sharing.

Not sure if you and the family are interested in getting involved with other Heartland product owners at weekend outings around the Midwest, but if you are, there's a lot coming up.

IA Rally
IL rally
IN Rally
MI Rally
MO Rally
WI Rally
North American Rally (Goshen, IN)

The people you will meet, the info you will learn about your coach, the camaraderie that will exist... Fun-fun!

See the Events drop down from any forum screen for links to these events.

Jim