Installed LED Spotlight on Top Front of 3950 HD

wiredawgchief

I like to fly the US flag at night with a spotlight. I drilled a hole in the top front centered, pulled the lower right amber LED park light and ran the fish tape from the hole I drilled and the park light hole. I pulled a red and a green 14ga wire to the top. I put a squirt of RTV on the bottom of the LED spot light mounting and screwed it down with a 3/4 inch long sheet metal screw. I spliced the two wires from the LED spot light to the red and green wires using tube compression splices. I pushed them into the hole and squirted gray RTV into the hole and around the wires. I removed the factory splices for the LED park LED lights and splice the red to the orange-white (switched battery) and the black lead from the LED park light using a wire splice nut. I spliced the green wire with the white factory wire (ground) and the white lead from the LED park light using a wire splice nut. I pushed the wires into the hole and replace the park LED light. Here is the result:

Attachments

• Front Spot Light 001 (640x478).jpg
    Front Spot Light 001 (640x478).jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 183
  • Front Spot Light 002 (640x478).jpg
    Front Spot Light 002 (640x478).jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 165

oscar

Screw the spotlight......give me the barn!!!!!!!!

Seriously, nicely done, and I appreciate the respect for and knowledge of flag etiquette. Not many care....

wiredawgchief

Oscar, I do like my man-cave. It's 40'W by 60'L and 19'H I designed especially to store RV. I can walk on the roof standing straight up. I spent 30 years in the AF and love to fly my flag. I had a similar setup on my previous Travel Supreme with a 120VAC lamp. Take care, Ron