Outside Access Under Booth Dinette

I know that we are in the minority, but we prefer a booth dinette instead of the free standing table & chairs. The reason is that we occasionally need the bed and the storage under the seats is nice. We ordered our '08 3670RL with the booth and asked about outside access doors for the storage area under the dinette seats. We were told that these outside doors could not be cut into the walls because of the wall design. On our previous trailers with booth dinettes my wife & I each had a compartment. I used mine for outside items like torque wrench, jack & lug wrench. She used her compartment for things like picnic table cloths, candles, lights and other things for outside. It was really nice to have outside access to these compartments. It would be great if the factory offered outside access doors for the area under the dinette seats for those of us that prefer a booth.

fishn2dmax

Warren,

We too miss outside access to the dinette seats. Our last 5'er had access outside doors to access under the booth seats. We also prefer the booth dinette to free standing chair for the simple reason we can make another bed ( for our childrens or their friends) and there is storage under the seats.

I fully understand why the wall construction would preclude creating an opening as you don't want to cut into a structual support member. If the wall was designed for an opening, then it would be no problem. I too wish it was a factory option, but I don't think it's going to happen since it would cause a trailer to be dedicated to a booth configuration. Today, the dealers can configure the trailer for either a booth or freestanding table and chair. Our trailer came with free standing that we did not want. The dealer ordered and installed a booth. Creating a universal trailer configuration allows for some customization, but outside door access would limit dealer congifuration options. Sadly, I just don't see Heartland or many others continuing to offer outside access door options for booth seats. :(

snuffy

We also prefer the booth dinette. There is so much other storage that it won't be a problem for us.