Prowler problems

Nt236

Hey everybody I need some advice! Last June I purchased a new prowler tt from camping world. Two weeks ago while on a camping trip I noticed water dripping out of the underbelly. I removed the shower inspection plate and found a cracked shower drain. About 5 showers worth of water had collected in the insulation underneath. I brought it to the dealer on Monday morning and they said they would get it checked out. Thursday of that week I called and was told all the wet insulation had been removed and parts were ordered. That Sunday I stopped by and seen my tt in the parking lot so I looked underneath. Most of the wet insulation was still there. They had cut a small slit in the underbelly around the drain and removed that insulation but the majority was still there. I called on Monday and was told that maybe I was confused on what I seen and the insulation had been removed through the slit and that was the normal repair. Does that sound correct? How will they replace 4 sections of insulation through one small 10" cut? I feel like I'm getting the runaround. Any one else out there dealt with these types of repairs?

danemayer

I had a leak in my gray #1 tank that soaked the insulation in the entire front 1/2 of the underbelly. I had to remove over 1/2 of the mounting screws and drop most of the coroplast to get it all out. Later, putting new insulation in, I had to take off the entire front coroplast panel.

Sounds like you'll need to join the service manager face-to-face at the trailer.

PeternLiane

I agree go there and have them do a complete walk through with you. My service center dropped my whole underbelly to fix the tank leaks. They dried out the whole underbelly. I had some other work done while the underbelly was removed. much cheaper when they did they warranty work too.

Nt236

Thanks for the input guys. I spoke with the service manager today and he assured me it would be handled correctly. I plan to drive out there after work tomorrow to check the progress. At this point I know I will have to stay on top of them.

Nt236

Well here's a final update on my prowler. After 3 weeks of being told parts were on order and all the wet insulation had been removed I decided to take one more trip out to camping world and see the progress for myself. Guess what. Only about 1/4 of the wet insulation had been removed and the unit reeked of mold and mildew. I went ballistic. Here was an 8 month old camper basically ruined because of someone's laziness. Long story short after discussing my disappointment with the service manager and general manager my next discussion was with the sales manager. I ended up upgrading into a 2013 bighorn. It technically wasn't a buy back but they gave me a great deal and I'm happy with the new camper. It's just too bad it had to come to that because of a poorly run service department.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Any excuse to move up to a Bighorn is a good excuse!!!! Sorry about the problems with the Prowler, but sounds like the "fix" turned out good!

Eddhuy

Too bad it had to come to that. Hopefully you are happy with the deal, I don't doubt you'll be quite happy with the BH. When I had my warranty work done at camping world, I would check in on them and point out things I did/did not like, they always took care of me quite well here in Sacramento.

Sean

I had an issue with the fresh water gravity fill hose leaking. It looked like it had been cut at floor level during assembly. As soon as I found it I dropped the tank and removed all the wet insulation myself. I foresaw a situation like yours where it would sit at the dealer for weeks before it was looked at. Plus I doubted they would go to the trouble of removing the fresh water tank to get the insulation above it out. Heartland was great and sent me parts to my house so I could fix it myself.