Small couch or futon

mobilcastle

We sold our couch and have moved our recliners to where the couch used to be-we now need a small couch or futon to fit in the rear of the coach. Any ideas where to find an item that will fit in this area? I may have to make something but I prefer to buy something. Front to back of the item needs to be 30" or less. About 70 to 80" to work with. Thanks for the info.
Steve

twohappycampers

Our solution: we bought new recliners and a queen-size sofa bed. The recliners sit in the slide across from the tv, and the sofa bed is at the rear. I measured the new sofa and it's approx. 37 inches front to back and 75 inches in length. We do have to switch the sofa and recliners around to bring in the slides because the sofa is just too deep for that area for the slides to clear. We have to remove the backs of the recliners, but that's a simple thing. Also, when the sofa opens out into a bed, it just clears the u-shaped counter.

We looked around with no success for a sofa that was 30 inches or less, no luck, and this works much better for us any way. Comfortable stylish sofa seating and queen-size bed for guests if we need it. I can't help you with the make of it, sorry. I'd suggest you measure VERY carefully the space you have available, measure VERY carefully the furniture you're considering, because there's just no room for error. Also consider the size of the door it has to come in through - the delivery guys just barely got it in, even had to bend a portion of the frame of the door ever so slightly, but get it in they did, and the frame bent back no problem.

Hope this is of some help.

DougS

Doug S
Steve,
We have replaced both our recliners and sofa. The sofa was replaced with Theaters seating and recliners with a jack knife sofa. We have approximately 32 1/2 inches of space for a sofa that is 31 inches at the arms and 32 inches at the cushions. We could have moved the molding on the walls and gained 3/4 on an inch if necessary. We ordered from a company in California, without seeing them, but we love what we got. We saw at the Tampa RV show that some Big Country's are coming out with a 30 or 31 inch sofa for across the back. You might want to check with Heartland to see if we were right.
We also had to come up with a way to secure the sofa and still make it moveable to work the jack knife sofa.
Good luck on you search. It's great not having to move and secure furniture anymore.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I'm in the same process of replacing the current sofa for a couch to go in the back window/wall area. Looking at the website Overstock.com have found several leather sofa that have a depth of 31" or less which will sit between the back wall and the edge of the slide (we have 32 1/4" from the back wall to edge of slide). They have a leather sofa that is 73" length by 27" deep for under $900.00 that is just calling my name. Free shipping too.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I'm in the same process of replacing the current sofa for a couch to go in the back window/wall area. Looking at the website Overstock.com have found several leather sofa that have a depth of 31" or less which will sit between the back wall and the edge of the slide (we have 32 1/4" from the back wall to edge of slide). They have a leather sofa that is 73" length by 27" deep for under $900.00 that is just calling my name. Free shipping too.

Can you post a link? I've been looking for a while as well. I need one under 30" deep, and they are hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aatauses

For those who are thinking about putting sofa in the back--does this block your lp sensor? and any issue with that.?
al
currently in Kenai, Ak