Fuse and Circuit Breaker Panel 2013 San Antonio

doxiecouple

Just accepted delivery of our new 2013 San Antonio. I was amazed to find that such a class unit still makes you go to your knees to access the fuse panel and the circuit breaker panels....all while holding up the access door? WHY? I was even more perplexed when I discovered a totally open and unused area behind a door above the other controls that would accommodate subject controls. For the cost of a few feet of wiring, us old geezers still have to kneel and lay on the floor to check fuses/breakers, etc. WHY?? :confused::confused:

brianharrison

For the cost of a few feet of wiring, us old geezers still have to kneel and lay on the floor to check fuses/breakers, etc. WHY?? :confused::confused:

You got it - for cost and frequency of times expected to be looking in the fuse panel. Might be for ease of layout for major wiring runs as well.

But for me, it's the only time I get to lay down while running around doing all of the "honey-do" items...;)

Brian

Cyberdave

Same issue on our Key largo. Gotta get down on both bad knees just to check out a 12v issue?! There is a perfect place above the switch panel. Odd, that a rig designed and advertised for full time use has the fuses and breakers in a location so difficult to access

ed47

I think that on the new san antinio the fuse will light up if it is blown ,and when u have all 12 volt blown look in front cargo been where there is a reset button.

Cyberdave

You got it - for cost and frequency of times expected to be looking in the fuse panel. Might be for ease of layout for major wiring runs as well.

But for me, it's the only time I get to lay down while running around doing all of the "honey-do" items...;)

Brian

It may well be an economic decision but, it's another missed marketing opportunity IMHO. If you were to look at a graph showing the age of ownership particularly of the full timers, I believe it would reflect that the majority of owners are over 55. At 55 my knees were so shot I already had one replaced. If one of the selling points was ease of access to switches, fuses and circuit breakers, it would be another one of those Hmm. nice feature things you see when looking for a new rig.