Am I the only one having TST problems?

GOTTOYS

Haven't used my TST 507 since last year. I took it off when it kept dropping a sensor or showing a sensor on the truck where it didn't really have one, among other things. I couldn't get it to show all four sensors on the screen in the proper position. I had it off and managed to get all four to show up properly after about an hour and a half of button pushing. Now I can't get the monitor to come on. It's plugged in to my truck and is getting power. I'm really sick of this piece of junk...It's been sent to the dealer several times and works for a few days when it comes back then conks out a gain....I'm on the 3rd monitor, and have had a couple sensors changed out. Can it be just me? What's a good unit to buy, one I can depend on?..Don

Garypowell

I have a Valor system. They are a little more expensive but other than a bad segment in one display it has worked excellent and they quickly sent me a new unit. I also like that it's sensor is strapped to the rim center inside.

SilverRhino

Sorry you are having issues, does no good to have a "safety system" that is not working properly.

My TST has preformed without a hitch........Only time I had an issue was when a battery was low, did not show on monitor, and that sensor would drop in and out.....swapped the battery out and everything worked fine.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have had plenty of issues with my TST.
Fortunately they have been good about replacing things.....like everything more than once.
After a year and a half I think it finally works.
Knocking on wood.

Peace
Dave

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Don, maybe we need to have a class on this at the National Rally. We have had a lot of people that have no real troubles. Seems to me maybe it is something you are doing or maybe the sensors are not being read by the monitor.

danemayer

I've had two sensors replaced. One might have been my error, but they replaced it anyway. The 2nd just died completely. I've had sensors drop off the monitor, but except for the two that have been replaced, that's always been fixed with new batteries.

I have had varied results with various battery sources. Some of the batteries are good; others not so good.

There are issues with long trucks and long trailers where a repeater may be necessary to get reliable reception. But I think yours is the first post I've seen with sensors not showing up in the correct position on the monitor, or moving around on the monitor.

Vtxkid

Don, don't get frustrated... call TST and explain your concern and they will replace what is necessary to get you back on line and happy! I just had an issue with the alarm going off on my monitor for low tire pressure with my preset not reached. They sent me out a new monitor which was in my hands in 3-4 days. It will be right again before you know it!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

porthole

Retired
I have found TST customer service to be excellent. When I had an issue with the older model sensors "seizing" to my valve stems there was question that the company would make it right. And they did at Goshen by offering to replace the entire kit with the newer 507.

I did have an occasional issue with one or two trailer sensors dropping out, but I solved that by using the kit's included remote antenna. I snaked the wire up the trucks A-pillar and stuffed the antenna into the headliner. No issues since.

Today I used the TST contact form on their website requesting new o-rings for a battery change. Within an hour I got an email saying the o-rings were on the way.

http://www.tsttruck.com/

Manzan

I have never had a problem with our TST 507 system other than one or another tire dropping out which rarely happens. Turn off the monitor and back on and all there. Replaced the batteries a couple of days ago and heading out again in two weeks so will see if any drop out then.

GOTTOYS

Had my system off the trailer while it was in storage last Winter. When I hitched up it was 25 degrees so i didn't want to mess with installing it. Heading home from Texas next week and thought I would put it back on today and check it out. Now the monitor won't come on even when plugged in on my dash. I know they're really good about fixing it and sending it back but i have to admit I'm getting tired of sending it back and forth. I'm not a "button pusher" so I'm reasonably sure it's nothing I've done. If I get it working again I think I'll give somebody the deal of a lifetime on it and move on to the "Next best TPS system" whatever that turns out to be. I'm frustrated and tired of screwing with this thing. My truck has a factory system and all I can think is maybe it's cross feeding or something though I doubt they're on the same frequency. In the 3 years I've owned it I can't remember one single trip where it's worked like it's supposed to for any length of time. All I do is put it on the dash and turn it on. Nothing else. Enough is enough...Don

olcoon

I bought one at the Goshen Rally in 2011. I waited until I got home to install it, and I guess someone in the factory must have been on drugs when they made it, as the buttons were backwards, had to turn it upside down to program the sensors. Called them & they sent a new one. It worked fine for about a year, then random sensors would apparently lose the signal, as it would start flashing like it was searching for the sensor. I contacted them & they said to send the whole thing-monitor & sensors back & a new one would be on the way. Got it & it's still doing the same thing! I'm hoping they'll be at the rally in June. I'm kind of wondering if I need the repeater or whatever they call it. We've got a short bed crew cab, and our Elk Ridge is only 30'.

ATLJOHN

I also purchased the TST 507 at the Goshen rally in 2011 and only had to replace the batteries. Without any issues. I have a 3500 Chevy long bed and BH 3670 and do not have the repeater all works fine. I would not think with short bed and 30ft trailer would need the repeater.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I bought our TST in Nashville at the Nat'l Rally and other than one sensor and replacing all the batteries I've had no issues. I had a high pressure alarm a couple days ago so I have to go in and adjust the limits. I did check the tire and couldn't find anything to be concerned about.
What do you guys running 110 psi tires have your high limit set to? Mine alarmed at 120 psi.
I just called and received a new supply of seals N/C. Great Company to work with in my humble opinion.

jnbhobe

Ray; if I'm not mistaken my 510 system does not have a high limit setting below 150 psi. In the summer I regularly see my 614's at 125 -127 psi.

ATLJOHN

Hi Ray I had my trailer tires up limit set at 130 but the alarm would go off when hot outside. I raised to 132 no further problems. I have Sailuns on my BH 3670.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ray; if I'm not mistaken my 510 system does not have a high limit setting below 150 psi. In the summer I regularly see my 614's at 125 -127 psi.

Yes it does, but you have to enter it (in the instruction manual). Initially, I used the "default" 15%, or 127 and got alarms. Reset it to 130 and no alarm. This is with Freestar G-rated tires.

wdk450

The absolute temperature and pressure readings don't exactly agree with the outside temperature conditions, or the readings from my digital tire pressure gauge, but in the end they are in the ballpark, and most importantly the 10% pressure loss function always seems to work. If I stop at a rest stop in warm weather, I will have the alarm for the next few miles down the road until it resets. I keep spare sensor batteries with me (so far I have only had to replace 1). The main unit recharges and works well. I go back around my trailer during hookup/pre-drive checkout with the readout, call up each tire, unscrew and re-install the sensor for that tire to get a zero alarm, and move on to the next tire. This makes SURE communication is established BEFORE pulling out. I may get the repeater for some more peace of mind.
I just know that it worked last summer when I had an emergency tire situation and had NO CLUE in the truck cab anything was wrong, besides the screaming Tire Trak alarm.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The 507 system can require the repeater regardless of distance if there are other conflicting signals in the area, i.e., GPS devices and cellphones.

Ours would drop a tire every so often. We added the repeater in the 5ver front compartment, and no problems since. Did have a sensor report low-battery on this current trip, had to buy a small screwdriver since I didn't have one with us. Had extra battery and o-rings... Switched battery, back in business!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncc1701e

Haven't used my TST 507 since last year. I took it off when it kept dropping a sensor or showing a sensor on the truck where it didn't really have one, among other things. I couldn't get it to show all four sensors on the screen in the proper position. I had it off and managed to get all four to show up properly after about an hour and a half of button pushing. Now I can't get the monitor to come on. It's plugged in to my truck and is getting power. I'm really sick of this piece of junk...It's been sent to the dealer several times and works for a few days when it comes back then conks out a gain....I'm on the 3rd monitor, and have had a couple sensors changed out. Can it be just me? What's a good unit to buy, one I can depend on?..Don

Don,

You are not alone. While mine is now working the monitor and sensors had to be repleaced by TST before I got a system that worked correctly. It was very frustrating, these systems are not cheap. TST was easy to work with I have to say and the replacements did not cost me a penny.

Tom