Splendide 2100xc Washer/Dryer... Thoughts???

FiremanBill

I have a chance to pick up a gently used Splendide 2100XC from a good friend of mine who doesn't need it. It's a really good buy based on the new price.

I have no experience at all with R/V Washer/Dryers... is this unit any good? Worth buying.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We have stackable separates and use them a lot, especially on longer trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

We also have the stacked separate washer and dryer and use them all the time. Don't know about this specific model, but some combo units have posts about wrinkled clothes.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We've had the 2100XC in our rig since we got it and we use it while we're in "residence." Yes, if you load it up, you will get wrinkles. But for socks, undies, towels and bed sheets, who cares? We also have a steam iron and a counter top ironing board to take care of any wrinkles in our clothing.

Vtxkid

Installed that same unit in our RV this past winter and we have used it several times now and its great!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Tumble Weed

We had a older model and it gave up the soap.
So DW got one for Christmas(kidding)
she love the new one. Where fulltime wife us it
all the time.
So yes it a good buy.

FiremanBill

Thanks for all the replies. We are not full timers (yet) so that would be my only reason not to buy it but it's such a good deal I will probably go for it anyway.

Thanks again!

Vtxkid

They are nice units and make it convenient even if your only on the road a few days!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Rickhansen

We've had our 2100XC for 5 years and done 98% of laundry in it - everything except bedspread, etc. It is slow, about 3 hours to wash and dry. And yes, wrinkling can be an issue if you're not careful. The only issue has been that I had to replace the (plastic) door frame. The part was cheap and the repair was easy. The only other maintenance has been cleaning the lint out.

I figure even paying retail, it's paid for itself about 10 times over. I'd do it again without hesitation.

JanAndBill

We have one in our BH, and it works great for what we need. You can't really load it to the max if you intend to use the dyer function, or your clothes will come out WRINKLED big time. Follow the directions on reducing the load for drying, or hang them out to dry. Also, the dryer function takes awhile because it just doesn't have the heat and air volume of a bigger dryer.

porthole

Retired
I have a chance to pick up a gently used Splendide 2100XC from a good friend of mine who doesn't need it. It's a really good buy based on the new price.

I have no experience at all with R/V Washer/Dryers... is this unit any good? Worth buying.

We have it in the Cyclone and is a great option, We use it every trip, even if nothing more then to keep the shower towels dry.

I really don't see the length of time as that big of a deal, we're camping, have nothing but time. You just learn how to do laundry different. Wrinkles can be an issue. To minimize the wrinkles we will wash then remove the clothes and give them a shake out, then put back in to dry.
The wrinkles seem to be related to the spin cycle. This unit spins at 1200 rpm! Uses about 7 gallons on a full load

FiremanBill

We have it in the Cyclone and is a great option, We use it every trip, even if nothing more then to keep the shower towels dry.

I really don't see the length of time as that big of a deal, we're camping, have nothing but time. You just learn how to do laundry different. Wrinkles can be an issue. To minimize the wrinkles we will wash then remove the clothes and give them a shake out, then put back in to dry.
The wrinkles seem to be related to the spin cycle. This unit spins at 1200 rpm! Uses about 7 gallons on a full load

Hadn't thought of that, good point. Also I am a runner and put in a good 5-6 miles everyday so those clothese get pretty smelly. I can see this coming in handy even on shorter trips.

I am confident I'll pull the trigger and get it.

Thanks again for all the input!

porthole

Retired
Hadn't thought of that, good point. Also I am a runner and put in a good 5-6 miles everyday so those clothese get pretty smelly. I can see this coming in handy even on shorter trips.

I am confident I'll pull the trigger and get it.

Key point - is it the model that can be vented to the outside?
I would not use the "no vent" model, takes much longer to dry and adds all that humidity inside the coach.

If you get it, have someone on the forum with the same model trailer as yours with the W/D take a picture or 2 of the vent location and don't forget a flood pan under the unit.

FiremanBill

Key point - is it the model that can be vented to the outside?
I would not use the "no vent" model, takes much longer to dry and adds all that humidity inside the coach.

If you get it, have someone on the forum with the same model trailer as yours with the W/D take a picture or 2 of the vent location and don't forget a flood pan under the unit.

Not sure on that, I'll have to ask him. My hookups are in the garage so worst case I can have the back door open to keep the humidity from being an issue.

Good advice, thanks!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The 2100XC vents to the outside, so you'll need to cut a hole in the wall and install a dryer vent outlet.