Thinking of moving up to a 3300sk

ppenka

Hi all I'm glad I found this site. Right now I own a 26rbss Flagstaff and have been full time in this trailer for 1 1/2 yrs. Well I have out grown it plus the dog now takes up some space. I have seen and love the 3300sk for the room and the no nonsense living area. Its wide open and not a bunch of clutter. I live in Oklahoma and have had a few good lines on some darn good buys on this model but I have not yet jumpd on thm yet. So here are just a few questions I would like to ask the other 3300sk owners.

1. Is there a big difference between the 07 and the 08?
2. When set up and level do you notice any deflection in the floor?
3. Can you move the couch out and put it where the chairs are for better TV viewing?
4. How much more hot water comes with the 12 gal versus the 10 gal?
5. Is a front AC unit a must or does the factory one do its job?
6. Is the overall quality as good as they say it is, and is this 5er built good enough for a full-timer?

I just love the trailer and would like to make the step into one. I have been looking for the last 6 months but need to trade off my 1/2 ton for a 3/4 ton ford. I hope some of you can give me some help on the questions. Myself and the dog would just love the room and the more home like feel.

BJ'sDad

There are only minor differences in options/ graphics/options etc between the 07 and 08 model years that I know of.

To the best of my knowledge, the largest water heater you can get in a Sundance is a 10 gallon with an 8 gallon as standard. Also, unless it has just changed, I don't think you can get a second A/C unit on a Sundance.

Overall quality is as good or better than anything else in it's price range. I looked for about 3 months before I decided on a Sundance because I couldn't find anything better in that price range.

I can't answer your questions about that specific model, but I have the 3012RE which is just one step down and nearly the same weights etc. I use the BAL wheel chocks and get very little rocking, even when the 44lb dog decided to run and jump around.

The Sundance is fine for me as a weekend camper, possibly even as a "winter in the south" kinda camper, but I think if I were going to go full time, I'd move up to one of the smaller Big Horn units which have even more storage, and most importantly, more insulation in the walls, floors and roof.

I was recently at the Southeast Rally and the daytime temps were in the low 90's and the humidity was up in the 70+% range, and the 15K A/C in mine ran almost constantly in the heat of the afternoon since where I was parked had no shade in from the afternoon sun. I ran the ceiling fan in the kitchen and that helped tremendously just by keeping the air circulating.

If you have been fulltiming in a smaller unit, the Sundance would probably be more than adequate.

And yes, the Sundace line is a perfect fit for a 3/4 ton TV, I'll admit to being biased towards a diesel since that is what I have had since before I got my first RV, but the new big block gas engines and the V-10 Ford would probably do fine with any of the Sundance trailers.

roazo

Sundance Owner
We bought ours last November and could not be happier with ours. Dont Know the differences between 07 & 08. We went from a 25.5 Terry to the 3300SK, it pulls alot easier that our old one. We have never run out of hot water with the 12 Gallon heater and only use the electric element most of the time. we also have the 15K AC and have had no problem keeping cool once the trailer has cooled down. I dont know about full timing since we dont do that yet. The only real conplaint that we have is the small oven and the manual light burners.Hope you decide to join the family.;)

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
I am not sure of the Sundance, but we have a 3670RL BH and we swapped the recliners and the sofa around, then realized that the sofa was blocking the slides from coming in. So you might want to do some measuring.

Sundance_kid

The wife and I love our 3300SK, might add the dog seems pretty happy also. We're both retired, but don't full time. Have only stayed out for a month in Co. & Moab Ut and the 15,000 BTU A/C worked fine. The trailer pulls real well and as you can see I'm pulling double with it and no problems. For the money I don't think you could go wrong. Be sure you upgrade the axle's to the 6,000# and 10 ply tires. Only a few small issues so far after about 7,500 miles pulling. Good luck and see you out there someday.