Pick up our NEW Big Country 3650RL yesterday!

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We have enjoyed our 2011 Big Country 3250 for the last 2 years. A huge "step up" for us from our 30+ years of tent camping!! We really do not know how folks enter into the RV world without HELP!! This forum and all the new friends we have met at the Rallies made our first 2 years a wonderful experience!!

HOWEVER, those 2 years and lots of Heartland rallies "helped" us realize we needed more "STUFF"!!! Yesterday we picked up our NEW 3650RL and were pleasantly surprise to find out it is one of the first 2014's off the line......WOOOOWHOOOOOO, What does that mean:confused::confused: NOTHING since I pinky promised never to trade again(fingers crossed behind back:rolleyes:)

Now we are experiencing the joy of learning all about the NEW STUFF......Level up, Convection, secret compartments, power cord reels and the very "cool factor" of LED lighting in both awnings!!

Thank you Heartland for great products, great service (Kudos to Carolina Coach in Claremont NC) and AWESOME FRIENDS!!!

Gotta go........the DW is decorating!!!

oldmannj

I'm pleased to be the first to congratulate you on the new rig. The '14 is a big deal. When all the other new coaches out there are a year old yours will still be "new". Wishing you safe and happy travels this season and many more to come. ED :cool:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Yeah!!! Can't wait to see it/her in a couple of weeks. What ya'll going to name it/her???

lduguay

Yeah!!! Can't wait to see it/her in a couple of weeks. What ya'll going to name it/her???

Name her/him/it??? Hmmmmmmm, the Camper?.....The Big Country the 2nd??.......Maybe we call it The Beast....I KNOW, The Gray Ghost....Oh, that won't work, not Gray anymore:(....and I believe someone else has that name:rolleyes:......lets see, the Brown ________???? I might need some suggestions (be nice Larry)..........oh well, maybe we just go with Bob the Big Country:)

See y'all in a couple weeks!!!!!!!

GFHLLH

Congrats on your new rig! KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON THE POWER KING TOWMAX TIRES!!! I have had two tread separations in 4000 miles. The made in China "time bombs" are very poor quality as evidenced by their $125 price tag. I won't trust the safety of my family or my RV investment to junk tires again. Now running Sumitomo 16 ply H rated truck trailer tires with a 4850# load capability on 17.5" rims.

Nabo

Fred - when we ordered our BC 3650, we upgraded to the Goodyear G614. Been on the road for over 2 years now and so far so good.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Name her/him/it??? Hmmmmmmm, the Camper?.....The Big Country the 2nd??.......Maybe we call it The Beast....I KNOW, The Gray Ghost....Oh, that won't work, not Gray anymore:(....and I believe someone else has that name:rolleyes:......lets see, the Brown ________???? I might need some suggestions (be nice Larry)..........oh well, maybe we just go with Bob the Big Country:)

See y'all in a couple weeks!!!!!!!

You are gonna call it YOUR new house when you tell Kem you want a new truck to pull it.

lduguay

Fred, we did order the tire Goodyear upgrade. I did run the "china bombs" on our 3250 for over 2 years without a problem, good wear and they still looked good when we traded....I do have a tpms on the tires and keep on top of keeping pressure to spec.

Larry, the ole Chevy is gonna HAVE to roll over and DIE before Kem even let's me think about it......only in my dreams now.......but SOME DAY I wanna be just like YOU!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Congrats on your new 3650rl. We just ordered ours yesterday. How long did it take to get yours? Also the floor plan layout that we looked at the dealer was a 2013, we where looking on their website last night don't know if what they are showing on their website is the 2014 but several things looked different. Does yours have a pantry in the kitchen or a longer counter with a kitchen window? Does the bedroom have a long window with shorter dresser or longer dresser? What size of tv is in the living room

jimtoo

Hi dwhitmer23,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share heir knowledge when needed.

Hopefully you will get your questions answered soon.

Enjoy the forum and the wait.

Jim M

lduguay

Congrats on your new 3650rl. We just ordered ours yesterday. How long did it take to get yours? Also the floor plan layout that we looked at the dealer was a 2013, we where looking on their website last night don't know if what they are showing on their website is the 2014 but several things looked different. Does yours have a pantry in the kitchen or a longer counter with a kitchen window? Does the bedroom have a long window with shorter dresser or longer dresser? What size of tv is in the living room

Thanks, loving the new BC!

How long....? That will depend on "load" at Heartland.....from order to delivery, ours took about 5 weeks.

The "later" 2013 and new 2014's do NOT have a kitchen window....you gain the VERY spacious pantry. The bedroom is the "long" window, leaving a nice dressing space for a "full figured" fellow like me! Living room TV is a 40" Toshiba.

Here are a couple pictures of kitchen area.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    769.7 KB · Views: 54

Nabo

And Lance forgot to say that he and Kem entertained 14 of his nearest and dearest friends to a movie this evening in their new Big Country 3650 at the Southeast Regional Rally. We all helped him break-in his new coach. Thanks Lance & Kem :)