Installed a set of cab clearance lights

FiremanBill

I have been wanting to add a set of clearance lights on my truck for a while now and actually bought these a while back, just never got around to installing them as the thought of drilling holes in my roof was just a bit much to handle! But I finally got around to doing it today.

It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Getting the headliner down was a pain and the wiring harness that came with my lights was for a truck without the overhead console so I had to get creative and tap it into the wiring harness for the overhead console that I have. Fishing the wire down the a post and behind the kick panel was tedious.The really hard part was getting the headliner down without tearing anything.

Once that was done the hardest part came and that was getting the lights lined up on the roof and actually finding a way to get up there to do the drilling and mounting. That was awkward at best, in hindsight I should have rented some scaffolding!

Glad I did it though because they really do look WAY cool. Can't wait to get the Cyclone hooked up and see what see looks like at night!

Attachments

• IMG_20130323_195227_654.jpg
    IMG_20130323_195227_654.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20130323_192100_510.jpg
    IMG_20130323_192100_510.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20130323_192050_424.jpg
    IMG_20130323_192050_424.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 80

jimtoo

Yep.... looks good,,, of course anything helps the look of a ,,,,,ugghh,,,, hard to say this,,, but.... "Ford?"... :) :)

FiremanBill

HAHA, you know it's funny because my Dad was a sales manager at a Chevy dealership for many years when I was young and even early on into my Air Force career before he retired. All we ever drove was GM products...

Then I grew up!:D:p

jimtoo

I was Parts and Service Manager for GM dealership and later we added a Dodge dealership also for 34 years. Now all 3 of my children and most of the 5 grandchildren drive a Ford product....Where did I go wrong??:)

Maybe it's because they saw all the long hours I worked and thought it was fixing broken things. :)