Vanity Cabinet

tljack

I have a 2013 RW 305. Apparently the base of the vanity cabinet got wet and the paper board material is swelling up. I once had a cabinet shop so I have an idea how these go together. Anyway my unit has been at the dealer now for over 2 1/2 weeks. I inquired why it is taking to long to repair the cabinet and was told the factory is sending a whole new vanity from the factory.(I suspect they will wait until they send the dealer another unit and put it inside to save shipping) Apparently it has not been built yet. If I had known this was going to be the solution, I would have taken the vanity out and replaced the damaged piece myself with a piece of hardwood and painted it black. Because it is only 6 mo old and on warranty I took it to my dealer. Seems a bit strange to me. We had planned to be off to Texas tomorrow but I guess we will leave at some later date.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
If you are needing to use your RW, why don't you just go and get it. It can wait for a new vanity anywhere!

jimtoo

I hate to say this,, but dealers are not always honest about parts it seems. I would suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 877-262-8032, have your VIN and ask about the part and make sure your dealer has it ordered. If it has been ordered they can probably tell you when the dealer will have it and maybe you could even schedule install at a later date so you could come on down to Texas.

Texas always welcomes new folks, for a visit or permanent.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Both responses so far are spot on! Go get the rig and use it till the parts come in. Was there an undiscovered leak? P trap? Sometimes it's just easier and less frustrating to take care of things on our own. Especially if we're capable. Saves time, and fuel...

danemayer

I'm pretty sure that Heartland doesn't stock replacement cabinetry. There are just too many styles and sizes that have been produced over the years. When the dealer orders a cabinet or a part, it is custom made. There may be some lost time with the dealer answering questions from Heartland to get pictures of the damage and measurements on the vanity. When we got our rig, I had a couple of cabinet doors replaced and drop shipped to my home. It took about 2 weeks for the dealer to actually get all the info to Heartland. If I remember correctly, the whole process took something like 6 or 7 weeks.

Suggest you ask the dealer to make sure the cause of the damage is corrected and pick up your trailer and use it until the part arrives. Then ask them to make an appointment so you can bring the trailer in and have them install it while you wait, rather than drop it off again.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We were just at the factory. Heartland makes all their cabinetry in house. They build the pieces just a little ahead of time, then put them in place in the unit as it comes to that station... its based in the floorplans being constructed that day.... They don't have room to build too many at a time.

I would also call HL to find out the status. If you have a picture of the issue, that would help as well, and they could probably clarify why a new vanity is the best solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garypowell

I am on my second Heartland and have not had either one back to the dealer. We have always gone with where the best price is and then work from there. On my new unit bought Nov 12 we had two doors crack. I took pictures, called heartland and emailed the pictures. 2 - 3 weeks later the new doors arrived. One was damaged. Took pictures, called Heartland, when I returned home today from FL rally the new door was out front in perfect condition. When at the rally one of my slide-out light fixtures broke. They are held up by two springs....one spring broke. So I will follow the same procedure.....took pictures this morning, I'll call Heartland tomorrow and email the pictures and have them mail me the part. Granted I have not had any MAJOR problem like a wheel falling off but it is amazing what a "nice" phone call to the factory will do.