Slide-Out is at an angle at right rear

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I am asking this question because I dont know if the fit of the right rear slide is right or wrong and needs to be repaired? I was looking at slide today and I noticed that it seems to tilt down at the rear. It is very noticable by the way the weatherstrips on the side of the coach touch the slide. The front side of the seal is about a 1 1/2" away from the top of the slide and the strip at the rear is pretty well folded over. How in the world could this be repaired? What supports the slider when its out? Maybe this a question for Heartland tech support. This a 2955RL and it appears to be about the same as a 3055. Bob

Forrest Fetherolf

The problem you described could be nothing more the a slide adjustment issue. Lippert Components has an on-line manual for slide adjustment. I had my slides adjusted by a Heartland service facility and I have adjusted them myself. If you feel competent, it would be something you could do or call your dealer or Heartland for adjustments.

Forrest

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
slider

Thanks Forrest, I will contact Lippert. Made me kinda nervous, because the end that is down is where the chair&1/2 sets and it is pretty heavy with out anyone setting in it. Bob :)

regan

Regan
Was your rig level? sounds like a funny question, but I have noticed the slides tilt slightly if not perfectly level. Use blocks under tires to level, as the front jacks can only do so much. (even if the slides are not meeting perfectly we did not have any problems with leakage etc.) and when it was parked level, slides were normal again.