New covered Hitch

Thedonald

I have upgraded to a 2013 BH and although the new hitch cover is good looking it presents a real problem when trying to make a sharp turn the new cover hits the bed of the truck. I have friends who also have a new Heartland RV with the same cover and are experiencing the problem. I have raised the hitch to the top hole and it still will hit on a very sharp turn. I am think of either taking it off, which I don't want to do or simply cut the cover. Reading the blogs I know I am not the only one experiencing this problem. So, does Heartland have a recommendation, besides the "raise the truck hitch"?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I would leave it as is. When the side of the cover hits the side, it will flex, thus giving you a warning that you can't go further. You should be watching it in your mirror. You've got about 3" or so before the pin box makes contact. If the pin box hits, you will get significant damage to the truck box.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We cut the back section of the cover to keep it from hitting. Haven't had any problems since then.