Prospective Trail Runner purchase

TonyB

Thinking of buying a Trail Runner, Model 22RB Q. Have been checking Heartland owner reviews on another site, and noticed several owners complaining of spongy floors. Has anyone had this problem?

danemayer

Hi TonyB,

I think there may have been a couple of posts about spongy floors over the past couple of months - but I don't remember what model(s) the posts were about.

It's important to understand that people who have no problems generally don't post on forums. They're the majority and they're just enjoying the trailers. If there is a widespread problem, it will generate many, many posts - not one or two. One or two posts probably means it's not something you have to be concerned about.

That said, whatever trailer you buy, maintenance is very important. Water leaks can be the cause of a problem like a spongy floor. Checking and reapplying caulking regularly is key to preventing problems.

eddylives

Hello TonyB we have a 2012 26FQB and like it for the most part.
We had a massive water leak that was a factory defect caused by a running light in front that was repaired and a few other minor defects also repaired under waranty.
After looking at many brands of trailer I can say there is not a whole lot of difference in the style of workmanship , they all seem to be constructed relatively equal.
All I can recommend is to think through what you want out of a trailer and the layout so that it works for you.
I did a number of mods to ours to make it user friendly for our uses like a lockable two battery system on the tongue , a seperate inverter system to run tv`s and dvd player ,added a tv mount on the bedroom wall for a large one facing the back with the signal feeding both tvs in master bed and living space , also mounted a truck job box on the slideout bumper for dirty storage (oils and fuel jugs ,chain saw ,outboards etc) as we do alot of boon docking and needed to secure items when not there.
You are only limited by funds and ability as far as mods go to make it what you want it to be.