where the heck is my Big Country I ordered at the tampa show?????

phelpo

where is my new 3596re ???? No one knows, is it built, on the road???? Where are you Camping world???

Phelps

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Do you have a VIN number yet? You can try calling Heartland, with a VIN they can probably tell you the status. If you don't have the VIN, they still may be able to tell you if your dealer has placed the order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

If you ordered it at a large RV show, the dealer may have batched the orders and from previous posts, I'd guess a week or two of delay in getting the orders to Heartland might not be unusual.

But Camping World salesperson should be able to tell you 1) when the order was placed with Heartland and 2) when and if Heartland has confirmed the order, and projected build date.

You could call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032, but they may need more information from you before they can answer your questions.

B

bwwalczak

We did a little research with our superstar sales rep Brian Coyle. Your VIN should be 266023. This vehicle went online 3/7/2013, left Heartland 3/12/2013. It has been with Hoosier Transport since then.

Heartland has contacted Hoosier and it should deliver this afternoon (3/28) or tomorrow morning. Please confirm with the dealership before you visit!! We want to make sure that it arrives ok. Good news is that the wheels are spinning toward Dover, FL!!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Wow! How's that for Customer Service? I can't imagine a Manufacturer replying to a situation like that on any other forum. Way to go Heartland/Bryan!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Phelpo, any RV you buy, you should learn how to operate all of the systems and test them. It is the dealer's responsibility to catch anything before it gets to the consumer, but some dealers do a better job than others. Before you sign you have better leverage to get any items that are not to your satisfaction fixed quickly.

After the sale, completing warranty work may become a lower priority to your selling dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
No more than the usual things on new "rolling earthquakes". There are several PDI forms in the WIKI. Download one and take it with you. Make sure you check for any water leaks under the sinks, all the lites work. In other words, make sure it has 110V power hooked up and water hooked up. Check everything and make sure it works. Take a video camera so you can refer back to it if you forget how something works. MOST OF ALL.....take your time...if it takes all day and make sure you understand how it operates. Other than that....we are all here for you.

Bob Vaughn

I was at Camping World Dover (Longview where I bought my Big Country) and I did not know anybody. I think when CW bought it out they replaced everybody. Be sure to make a list of the things you find wrong and have them sign a copy for you to keep to verify against the list you give them to correct. I did that and they still did not do 3 of the things on the list. Lazy Days has an onsite campground that you can stay in for 3 days while they fix things. I do not think CW in Dover has this convenience. I have heard that the campground down the street is where they do their on site repairs....Use if if they accommodate this....It is a whole lot easier than having to pull the rv back to them.....

phelpo

ok, here is a update, DW and I went down to the Ocala C/W location to view our new rig, it had been hauled up
there, per our agreement. When I first went in there I was the 50" TV against the rear wall, I think I went
and hugged it. DW started looking at the furnishing and quickly discovered the two recliners and dining
room chairs were wrong. I did communicate with the sales mgr. in Tampa and he did discuss it with the sales rep
for Big Country, they both agreed to replace the six chairs, include a couple yards of the material that is on the couch pillows
include several yards of the wallpaper, that did not get on the dining room slide. Early this week or late last week I again
contacted the sales mgr. in Tampa, this is after emailing him and leaving a message on his phone. He again emailed
the sales rep for BC and the service mgr. at CW Ocala, (they were going to ship the chairs and stuff down on the next
toy hauler to save shipping cost). asking when our stuff would arrive. Friday called CW Ocala and talked to Sales mgr.
and found out they were going to try and get the stuff in a regular trailer coming this way early next week....I am praying it arrives and we can finally get our BC. We did sign all the paperwork and signed over our Vectra to them. So we are
living in a MH we don't own, and own a Fifth wheel we don't have!!! Not the best situation to say the least.

Phelpo

phelpo

Good news got a call this pm brown recliners are in and now need to be shipped to Ocala C/w.....looking forward to get our BC

Phelpo

phelpo

it showed up saturday

need help the side with 3 slides leans about 2 inches I measured the bottom of the frame, what is the best way to solve this?

not moving the rig til december

danemayer

Hi phelpo,
need help the side with 3 slides leans about 2 inches I measured the bottom of the frame, what is the best way to solve this?
Three slides add a lot of weight to one side, and the kitchen appliances and counters are probably on that same side, also adding a lot of weight. This is pretty common and the result is that the springs get compressed more on one side causing some lean.

When camping, if you level manually, you'll want extra boards/blocks on that side. If you have auto-leveling, it should compensate automatically. If not, it needs to be zero-calibrated.

Your rig probably came with Correct Track on the suspension. After you get it all loaded up the way you'll be towing, you probably ought to get the laser alignment check done to see if the Correct Track should be adjusted to compensate for the effect that extra weight has on axle position.

phelpo

we are not going to pull it but down to the keys, I want to have the slides level now til december. thinking about blocking the frame