2012 Cyclone 3612 where to hard wire surge protector

r69rag1

I am getting ready to order a surge protector and I need to know how difficult it is to hard wire one with bypass and remote and where it needs to be installed in my toyhauler or should I get a portable one if this is too difficult ? Thanks for any help I can get Frank

thibideau

We are not that handy in the electrical field, so we bought a portable surge protector two years ago. Since we have traded units, we will continue to use the portable surge protector in our new 3612

scottyb

Wiring it is easy if you know how to wire a basic recepticle or switch. All you have to do is follow the dirctions, measure twice, and cut once. The #6 wire is difficult to work with because of it's stiffness. As jnbhobe said, S.O. cable is much more flexible and easier to work with, but not usually available at HD of Lowes. The most difficult part, if you're not a flexible sort of person, is crawling into the basement and landing the final two connections.

r69rag1

Thanks for your help, but I'm going with the hardwire because I found a friend who will install it free, thanks Frank

VAbow

I just finished my install of the EMS-HWS 50. Just took my time and followed the diagrams and as scottyb said the hard part was working in the basement.

scottyb

Nice job. Where did you mount the remote? I just ran my over to the basement area near where all the connections are. That way I can observe what's happening as I plug into a new service. I thought I would use it for a while to see what works best, before I decide to run it into the main cabin.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
The circuit breaker panel is in the "island" on our CY3850. I mounted the surge protector in the cabinet above the breakers (there was enough slack in the wire to reach the surge protector connections). Later, I used adhesive back velcro in the cabinet for the monitor.

Attachments

• DSC01506.jpg
    DSC01506.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 43

VAbow

I put my remote buy the UDC. I have to open that side to get the power cord out. I will be able to watch the remote as I hook up power before I get to far along with the set up.