Removing Your Drawers

scottyb

Hoping this might catch someone's attention, but not quiet as revealing as it might seem. I am trying to determine how to remove the drawers from the dresser in the bedroom. I'm pretty sure there are drain pipes and wiring running along the baseboard and I would like to access that area to run some wiring from my newly installed inverter. I can't seem to find the magic button to get the drawer out of it's track. I'm hoping there is something so simple that it is staring me in the face, but I can't seem to find it.

Manzan

There is a lever on each side in the track. One goes up and one down. Very simple once you know how!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The lever is that little black plastic thing where the two sections of the slide meet when extended. If your washer/dryer connections are in the closet, then yes, the drain is under the dresser and runs across the basement door opening on the DS. If you've been smacking your head repeatedly when reaching in there, you know where the cover is. You can locate the screws for that cover and remove it to expose the drain and water lines where they drop into the basement.

View attachment 23651

scottyb

I found the black plastic tabs on the slider this am. They seemed a little stubborn and I didn't have time to mess with them before heading off to work.

scottyb

WOW! I found the levers. Thanks for putting me onto them. They are really small and I don't think I would have ever figured it out.

This is going to be a slam dunk. The drain pipe and supply lines to the washer go through the floor directly above where I mounted the inverter in the basement, and under the drawers on the end nearest the living room. I will come through the floor and into the space under the chest of drawers. There is about 6" of free space below the bottom drawers. I wil cut in a recepticle on the end of the chest. This will get me by until I integrate an inverter-charger into the coach, but I have other improvements that need to come 1st

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Scotty, thats great and it sounds like its going to work out well. I had thought about a few answers for your thread title...BUT....I thought I had leave it alone. OH what the heck..."depends on how long I have had them on".

PS. I cant believe that JohnDar didnt have a smart alex remark about it.

oscar

Scotty, thats great and it sounds like its going to work out well. I had thought about a few answers for your thread title...BUT....I thought I had leave it alone. OH what the heck..."depends on how long I have had them on".

PS. I cant believe that JohnDar didnt have a smart alex remark about it.

My first thought was along those lines......

JohnDar

Trust me, I wanted to. Was like shooting ducks in a barrel it was. But I bit my fingers and refrained....this time.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Okay, I will admit to wanting to put a cute reply in here too, but just decided to watch the thread for the interesting efforts.

porthole

Retired
The lever is that little black plastic thing where the two sections of the slide meet when extended. If your washer/dryer connections are in the closet, then yes, the drain is under the dresser and runs across the basement door opening on the DS. If you've been smacking your head repeatedly when reaching in there, you know where the cover is. You can locate the screws for that cover and remove it to expose the drain and water lines where they drop into the basement.

View attachment 23651

Now John - if you stepped up to a Cyclone you would have to do some work to find that pipe, as it is hidden from view and head banging by being installed in the void between the beams.

jnbhobe

Now John - if you stepped up to a Cyclone you would have to do some work to find that pipe, as it is hidden from view and head banging by being installed in the void between the beams.

Or like I did with the Big Horn, I took out the washer-dryer hookups and took out the oversized chase too. But we don't want a washer and dryer.

JohnDar

STEP UP??? From a 3670?? You've got to be kidding ;).

scottyb

I too was a little confused about the head banging comment, because it is above the edge of the door to the basement on my Cyclone. No way to bang your head on it.

JohnDar

For the epitome of luxurious living that is a 3670, smacking my head a few times is a small price to pay. I might tape some pennies on it and drive some cents into me.

Now, walking into the edge of the overhang is a whole nuther ball game.

VKTalley

Or the outside corner of the bedroom slide on my 4100. You'd figure I'd stop doing that after the first two.... but noooooo.

Oscar, get a couple of pool noodles, cut them for a 45 degree angle and put them on those slide corners. Much "softer" to run into. We did this on our BC3690 bedroom slide so Malcolm would quit running into it when he is working on the hookup.

JohnDar

No way Jose - all those little picayune things you Big Horner's and Landmarker's bring up are already taken care of in the Cyclones, neater wiring, plumbing yada yada yada :cool:

Ha ha, there's plenty of yunes getting picked in here: //heartlandowners.org/forumdisplay.php/152-Cyclone-Community ;)

mixie57

We figured how to get them out, however the were nearly impossible to get them back in. It seems the drawer itself is smaller in width than the rails the slides go in.