Infrared Setup

doxiecouple

I own a Landmark San Antonio have the Sony Bravia TV in both the lounge and the outside entertainment center. It appears that the channel feed (from Dish Network) satellite in the lounge goes directly to the outdoor TV. I see an IR light on the controls for the entertainment system. Is this the way I change channels from outside? Any guidance on changing channels outside will be appreciated.

danemayer

Re: Infra Red Setup

Hi doxiecouple,

If you have a receiver in the living room, and the programming shows up on both TVs, you're doing pretty well already. The channel changing is done at the receiver. With IR, you need line-of-sight from the remote to the front of the receiver. One way is to stand in the doorway and point the remote at the receiver. It's also possible to get remote IR extenders. Here's a link to some.

Btw, I see you posted this in another thread. I've deleted the other one - duplicate posts are not permitted under forum rules.

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Infra Red Setup

I don't know about Dish, but check with them if your equipment is capable of using a RF remote.
RF is Radio Frequency and is not dependent on line of sight.
This would be your best, but not only, way to change channels from outside.

Peace
Dave

rick_debbie_gallant

What Dave said. Directv remote will operate either via IR or RF. just don't know if dish Seles or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

hoefler

Depending on your reciever, if it is a dual tuner, switch to the tv2 output and you will be able to use the other remote for tv2, it is a RF remote instead of a IR remote.