88 degree sticker

whanner

Hi. We pick our 3650RL up next week. any one had luck removing the 88 degree turning radius sticker from the bulk head without issue? if so, how?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
For us it started with a finger nail and slowly peel it away a little at a time. Any adhesive residue was removed with WD40.

Hello, I'm a new 2013 Big Country 3650 RL owner myself. I have the 88 degree sticker, the hydraulic Ram sticker, and the Remote control sticker. Well, let me say my dealer did not have a good prep and delivery program for customers. I was able to remove three quarters of the Hydraulic Ram sticker, but the remaining part I need an air hammer. I will try the hair dryer tip. Thanks

whanner

I went around the coach and removed all the stickers with WD40 and elbow grease. I want the coach to fade at the same rate everywhere... I don't want different color squares all over the place when the sun finally bakes them off :)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
A "trick" I use to get adhesive residue off things is to use a strip of duct tape and dab at the spots. Solvents are a last resort.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We found the best thing to use to get ride of glue residue is a product call Pure Citrus Orange air refresher. You can get it a Home Depot and it works great. Believe me we have tried everything from GooGone to gasoline and the Pure Citrus works the best. Just spray it on and then wipe it will remove any glue residue. Or spray it on your rag (or paper towel) and then wipe off the residue. I would suggest wearing some gloves though unless you want your hands smelling like oranges. Be sure to rinse with water after use. BTW the several workers at Home Depot told us they use Pure Citrus at the store to take the glue residue off their shelves when removing pricing labels.

guyc66

Anybody else surprised at how many stickers are placed on these RVs? It was at least a 3-4 beer job for me to remove all this extra advertising off my Landmark when we took delivery. On second thought, maybe it wasn't such a bad experience.....
BTW - x2 on using the Orange stuff from HD

gebills

I employ a technique that is becoming more common, theolder my grandkids get as well as myself. I grab a Dos Equis (has to be reallycold), and a lawn chair (has to be really comfortable) and I set down in thelawn chair and drink the Dos Equis while my grandson peels the adhesivestickers off.

On the more serious side, our stickers came off (goo and all) without a hitch(no pun intended). The 88-degree sticker plus one or two others up on the bow,the stickers by the entrance door, and all the stickers over by the UDC panelpeeled off without incident. The sun was shining, and the surface temp of the RV was warm, which may have made the adhesive softer than normal. I left the stickers on long enough to let thethought process sink in to my old hard head, that there will be a fade issue onthe fiberglass if I were to leave them on.

Incidentally, the air freshener mentioned by jmgratz, I believe, is the same aerosolspray with a flowery label we have been using in the staterooms where we housestudents during their summer employment on a ship. The summer employees, mostlystudents, seem to really enjoy writing graffiti on the bunk walls in theirstaterooms; we buy the flowery-label air freshener from Home Depot, using it asgraffiti remover. It works better than any commercial graffiti remover we havetried. DW and I also use it on occasion to remove magic marker and miscellaneousmarks around the RV and house. Good stuff....

GOTTOYS

The Dealer I bought from from got kind of mad when I told him I didn't want any of the 3 large dealer stickers on mine when we picked it up. They took all them off before I would leave..Don