CB Radio

TXTiger

How many of you are using a CB Radio while on the road? What channel is being used for RVers? What brands of radios and antenna are you using?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We used to use one but the chatter has become so vulgar we quit using it. If we need to communicate with other people we are traveling with we use a
'family' radio walkie talkie. Works great and with the sub-channels that are available they can be very private.

FiremanBill

I have one in the center console of my truck, a handheld Cobra with an outside mag mount antenna. Seldom ever use it nowadays for the same reason as above, just too ugly out there.

I do turn it on every now and then if we get into a traffic jam to see what might be going on. A couple years ago we were coming back from Georgia after those tornadoes went through the Raleigh area and across I-95. We had no idea it was as bad as it was until we got into heavy traffic. Turned it on and found out there was a 30+ mile backup. Pulled off the highway and rested a while once we found that out, so they do still come in handy.

Sumo

I have a Cobra with Weather Band and Blue Tooth, and a K30 antenna, set to channel 19. We don't get a lot of CB chatter in Idaho. It is nice for up to the minute traffic and weather reports.

Vtxkid

I have a on board Uniden CB w/ weather band in the overhead along with a K40 whip antenna on the center of my roof. I use it all the time when pulling the RV on long hauls. Chatter seems to come and go but like the idea of being able to hear for any concerns that might be up ahead and talk when needed with the truckers out there!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Gaffer

The truckers will usually respond if you call them out by company or what you see logo wise on the trailer. Good for what is up ahead when you talk to one going the opposite direction. Channel 19 going east or west, channel 17 for north or south if I remember correctly. At least here on the left coast.