The "RED" switch

haole

Just took delivery yesterday of a 3912 and the dealership couldn't tell me what the red light switch was for. Nothing in the manual either. Anyone got any ideas? TIA EDIT: After some more searching, I found this: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=3700 Different model, same switch?

Last edited:

tdharley

The red switch in mine turns the electric on in the hot water heater.

Don't confuse that with the rocker switch on the water monitor panel, that turns on the gas to the hot water heater.

In other words the water heater works on gas or electric, or both. I use the electric only when hooked up to 110.

PS: You must turn on the black rocker switch located on the hot water heater itself for electric hot water.

PSS: Make sure you turn off the electric before draining the heater or you will fry the element.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
The red light switch should be for turning the water heater on. It should light up when on and lets you know that you are on electric and not on gas.

jwb187

Maybe the electric hot water heater???? Be sure your hot water heater has water in it before turning on the switch. If not you will burn out the element.

Renshi

I was told that it is to turn on the hot water heater in the electric mode instead of the gas mode. I hope that what I was told is correct.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
The red lighted switch is also for the electric water heater in our Landmark. Please note that there is also a switch in the water heater compartment that must be on for the electric heating elements to work.

Don

haole

Thanks. Haven't been in the water heater compartment yet, but I'm pretty sure the switch in there is on. I tripped the circuit breaker for the 15 amp service I've got going when I turned on the electric water heater. It'll be nice when these winds die down so I can get back to the campground and have 50 amps again.

davelinde

on our 3210 it's the HWH - for sure, we tested it.
Contrary to the advice of the dealer PDI kid who said it was a heater for our holding tanks...