Why can't I view pictures on this forum?

bowser66

When I try to click on any pictures in any of these threads I get a message saying that I do not have permission to do so and that I need to log in. However, I am logged in and still can not view pictures. Any help or advise would be appreciated.

danemayer

Hi bowser66,

Have you tried today? We've had a lot of technical problems over the past 2 weeks and some forum capabilities have been out of commission. I think everything should be back to normal by now though.

If it's still failing, could you please paste in the link you're trying to open.

danemayer

If you'll post one or two of the links that are failing, we can test them to find out what's happening.

linuxkidd

Hello bowser66,
The issue you describe is typical of browser cookie issues. If you can, please try visiting the forum with a different web browser. The best ones are free downloads:

Mozilla Firefox:
http://www.Mozilla.com

Google Chrome:
http://chrome.google.com

Please let us know your results.

Thanks,
lk

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and typographical errors.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
new truck 040.JPGThis was a test of Mozilla. I had not been able to upload photos and
the return key did nothing before with Explorer. Both work now with Mozilla and much faster also! Thanks lk !!!

brianharrison

I had not been able to upload photos and
the return key did nothing before with Explorer. Both work now with Mozilla and much faster also! Thanks lk !!!
Hey this return key thing is an issue I have now with Explorer as well (it's annoying!) Is it something with IE10 (new to my machine - thank you Microsoft for .auto downloading), or is it particular with the recent forum issues? It only happens on this forum, not on other web pages or desktop. Others? I can open pictures with IE10, just not insert a return character. Brian

EandJ

Hey this return key thing is an issue I have now with Explorer as well (it's annoying!) Is it something with IE10 (new to my machine - thank you Microsoft for .auto downloading), or is it particular with the recent forum issues? It only happens on this forum, not on other web pages or desktop. Others? I can open pictures with IE10, just not insert a return character. Brian

I have this same problem. Return key does not work on a machine that IE10 auto-downloaded on my wife. Everything else works fine. Is there any workaround yet? It makes for really bad-looking posts.

TexAndLinda

Chrome has worked great and the wife has Mozilla, which has worked for her.

Both have there pluses and very few negatives. But for an IE user switching they will be slightly different, while they will do more and run smoother then IE.

brianharrison

I have this same problem. Return key does not work on a machine that IE10 auto-downloaded on my wife. Everything else works fine. Is there any workaround yet? It makes for really bad-looking posts.

Quick fix is to run IE10 in compatibility mode - on the address bar there are 3-4 small icons at the right - going from memory, the farthest right in the address bar (where the www.heartland.... is located) is refresh (circle with arrow) and the comparability mode icon is next - looks like a page with a jagged line through the middle. Click this icon until it shows blue.

Here is a another thread with additional information.

My solution was to install Google Chrome as my default browser.

Brian

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
A quick workaround is to hold down the ALT key and using the keypad, type 0013

If using a laptop without a dedicated keypad, you may need to use the FN key or other key to access the keypad feature.

piet10

Brian,

Thanks for the Compatibility Mode tip. My return key works again, this was driving me nuts.

Al
HOC 2260

scottyb

Thanks for the heads up. I was also having this problem since getting a new Win7 computer at the office.