Finally Home

Rick

Yeaaaaa! Picked up our Golden Gate this morning, Man this thing is huge.No problems at the dealership with the walkthru, everything went like a charm.Now we are in the process of reloading the coach.Anyway we will be checking out all the toys this weekend before we do a local shakedown camping trip.I guess I can finally say Proud owner of Landmark Golden Gate #9374.Everyone please have a safe independence Day and will catch y'all later.Rick & Sandi (TIN CAN TOURISTS)

Cheryl

Congrats. Hard to believe they are up to 374 units already. We have number 33 bought in November, 2004.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Hearty congratulations, Rick & Sandi. Have a ball with it.

Ours is scheduled for production two weeks from today. We are getting anxious. Hopefully, the schedule has not slipped.

Cheryl

What does the CTD in your signature mean? Are you planning on a new truck to pull the Big Horn?

Cheryl

I cannot believe my husband didn't know that. I asked him what CTD meant before I asked you and he claimed to not know. I think he must not have been paying attention to me - again! We only have 3 of them here - his old one 1996 (for sale) our new one and our son's 1997.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Thanks for the answer. It was correct. Now the big question - why are all of you Heartland owners on the Forum today???? I have an excuse - my Big Horn is scheduled for production on July 15 (I hope that date is still good), so right now I am "homeless"

Regarding the question about the truck, no, I am not planning to get a new one - at least not yet. The 3655RD about maxs out the 3500 SRW GVWR, but I want to get to the scales after it arrives to see where I stand.

Have a happy July 4th, everybody.:cool:

Cheryl

Can't answer for everyone else, but we are home this weekend to get ready for our 3 week vacation - starting Friday!!!!!!! Got the graphics on the truck today. I'm working on getting a picture to post. Now husband and son are repairing son's truck - he had a little accident a while back - finally found a frame for it.

jbeletti

Rick and Sandi,

We have another common bond - my s/n is 378. Our coaches were made in the same week and probably within a day of each other.

Jim

merlinb

Retired
Hey Cheryl,

I delivered Bighorn #662 to Leduc, AB, Canada, almost two weeks ago. They are really cranking them out.

Cheryl

662? Wow. Anyone know if they are numbering the Landmarks and the Big Horns together in the same sequence. If not that would mean they have at least 662 Big Horns and who knows how many Landmarks. I know they come from 2 different factories, but they still could be numbering them as one.

jbeletti

It is my understanding that Heartland is using a common serial number (VIN) pool for all Heartland RVs (Landmark and Bighorn). So approaching 700 units in total.

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

The reason I am home this weekend is the dealer is still repairing my trailer. Hope to get it back next week. After that I will be gone most of the rest of July and half of August. I just hope it stays together this time and I can really enjoy myself.

Cheryl

Why is it that the weeks leading up to your vacation go sooooo slow:(, while the actual vacation flies by?:eek:

Rick

Jim that is pretty cool.Hope they were built on a Tuesday,Wednesday or Thursday and not on Monday or Friday. Just kidding so far we love our Golden Gate and look forward to many many years of service from it. Rick & Sandi (TIN CAN TOURISTS)

mowmoney

Congrats on your purchase. We just got home from camping the long holiday weekend. Second outing and so far (knock on wood) no problems.

We love it! We're on vacation for a full 10 days in a couple weeks so hopefully everything goes well then also.

Happy 4th all!:D