SOLVED: No TV Signal

fredf

Hello all,

I can't get any tv reception from antenna, as if the tv is not connected to the
> antenna. Tried rotating the antenna to all positions. Made sure input is
> set to antenna on tv. I tried the booster in the bedroom.
> Tried hooking the tv to the cable input and the satellite input. I assume you hook the tv to the cable site to get antenna. There is
> no antenna site, only satellite and cable.

Cable tv works but no antenna reception even though
> we are not far from several stations. Any suggestions

Fred

PUG

Pug
Re: No TV Signal

On the TV menu, go to INPUTS and check these. I have inputs for Sat, Cable, Air Ant, DVR.

PUG

Pug

You might also try to follow the Ant Leed coming down and in the wall behind the amplifier to see if you have a loose wire.

danemayer

On many models, the COAX from the antenna goes to the bedroom, then to the basement, then to the living room. If you have an extra cable, try running a connection from the bedroom to the TV. If the bedroom connection works, you can start running down where the signal's getting lost. Probably a connector issue.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

You must have the antenna booster on when using the antenna.
Also you must do an auto channel search through your TV menu.
And as may have been mentioned, take a look at the coax connectors.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Gaffer

Turn on the booster if not already on. The red LED will shine when it is on. Then do auto program and select Air.

fredf

Eureka PJ
I had turned on the booster but had not thought to turn it on before doing the scan until I read your post. The order of doing things makes all the difference. We have TV. Thanks to all for the answers.
Now if I can just keep my wife away from watching Glee and Smash:confused:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Good luck on that. Mines Dancing with the stars.YUUUUKKKY. Be good and watch what shes does....smile .....or you could be sleeping in a storage compartment.

Many posts are talking about an antenna booster. I have recently purchased a 2013 Trail Runner 29BHK, and I do not see any antenna booster to turn on/off. I also do not recall the technician discussing this booster when talking about the antenna. Any thoughts?

danemayer

Many posts are talking about an antenna booster. I have recently purchased a 2013 Trail Runner 29BHK, and I do not see any antenna booster to turn on/off. I also do not recall the technician discussing this booster when talking about the antenna. Any thoughts?
Hi UpStevesSleeve,

It may depend on the trailer configuration. Larger rigs all come with rooftop TV antennas and exterior Cable TV connections that share internal wiring. Because of the shared wiring, when watching over-the-air TV, you turn on the signal booster. When watching Cable TV, you turn it off.

If your Cable wiring just goes straight from the living room TV, through the wall, to the exterior connector, it wouldn't be sharing the antenna wiring and wouldn't need a switchable booster.

In any event, if you have one, it'll be where you hook the TV to the connectors on the wall.

loganhughes

I finally solved my OTA reception issue this past weekend with much appreciation to those of you who posted tips. Here was my process:

1. I had 12v at the power supply but 0 v at the antenna and the coax below the roof connecting to the antenna lead.
2. I checked the resistance between the coax shielding and center conductor and found no short.
3. I checked the continuity of the center conductor for the coax connected at the power supply (connected to the antenna position) and going to the antenna. I found no continuity.
4. Based on comments that the factory sometimes gets the cables mixed, I checked the continuity of the other two cables connected to the power supply.
5. Sure nuff! I found the coax cables were incorrectly connected. After connecting the correct cable to the power supply, I now have great reception!

Thanks again for everyone's feedback!