Dryer vent

Hipath

The dryer vent cover hole discharge cover keeps flapping at night should there not be a tension on this discharge cover to stop this on my 2013 Big Country:confused:

jimtoo

I don't think the dryer blower would have enough power to force open a vent with any type of spring on it. I would suggest you make a small latch, like on the stove vent that you could turn to keep it closed or something like that. A small crimp type wire connector with a screw through the eye would work if not tightened all the way. You would just have to remember to open and close it when you used the dryer.

Jim M

brianharrison

My factory installed dryer vent does not have a spring loaded flapper - it is free to "swing in the breeze" :)

That being said, I have never heard it flap in the wind. It maybe the way you are parked and the wind is getting underneath the flapper. Or is the trailer level to allow the flapper to be closed when the dryer is not running?

Are you sure it is the flapper on the dryer vent? I have had other noises like slide topper awnings or main awning move around at night and wake me up, or something outside banging against the trailer. Sorry, don't mean to be patronizing, but I have been fooled about "what's that noise" in the past myself.

Brian