Added backsplash

DandJochs

We had been thinking this would be an in-expensive way to dress up the kitchen, total cost was around $75.00 at Home Depot. Took a little time to cut around all the corners and edges but the panels are just plastic so easy to cut with scissors. I used construction adhesive but you can use double sided tape.

before and after,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    688.6 KB · Views: 545
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 676

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Did the same thing 3 years ago. BUT, OH NO, I had to do the side walls also, trim it out with wood trim and stain it to match. DUDE, you lucked out. Looks good.

DandJochs

Did the same thing 3 years ago. BUT, OH NO, I had to do the side walls also, trim it out with wood trim and stain it to match. DUDE, you lucked out. Looks good.
Thanks! The hardest part was all the trimming to get the first piece cut to fit the knife block, fan hood and change of height to the countertop!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I can relate to that. I also "HAD" to build a spice rack to go on the back wall, 1 for the wall in the kitchen, and 1 over the door. DUDE, you got off lucky. It would have easier to remove the fan hood. I did, then installed a single bulb ceiling lite on the hood for more lite over the stove. I wired into the existing switch so we can have a low or bright lite....not hard to do. Trust me when you start going to rallies and your DW see's what people have done. You will never be out of your work shop. Bone up on your wood working skills. LOL

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I can relate to that. I also "HAD" to build a spice rack to go on the back wall, 1 for the wall in the kitchen, and 1 over the door. DUDE, you got off lucky. It would have easier to remove the fan hood. I did, then installed a single bulb ceiling lite on the hood for more lite over the stove. I wired into the existing switch so we can have a low or bright lite....not hard to do. Trust me when you start going to rallies and your DW see's what people have done. You will never be out of your work shop. Bone up on your wood working skills. LOL

Nice goin Bob, scare the poor guy away from the rallies.:rolleyes: Seriously though Dennis, nice job. Looks great!

MookieKat

Nice job! This is slightly off-topic, but you have the kind of wrap kitchen that I am considering buying in the Sundance. Do you ever get water running down the counter going under the upper level slide part of the counter?

DandJochs

Nice job! This is slightly off-topic, but you have the kind of wrap kitchen that I am considering buying in the Sundance. Do you ever get water running down the counter going under the upper level slide part of the counter?

No we have not any problems with hat, we love this kitchen layout!

happykraut

Here is the way I did mine. BeforeIMG_0187.jpg AfterIMG_0193.jpg The product is called Smart Tiles and was purchased at Home Depot. I was just at their web site and saw it pictured, but I have read on this forum that it is hard to find.